Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink This JM looks just gorgeous

Page 1 of 1

Fender Limited Edition 60th Anniversary Classic Jazzmaster Vintage Blonde
Can't wait!

http://soundcloud.com/graham-pike

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018 07:36:52

Oh my...

Either you surf, or you fight.

I'm seriously considering one of those myself. I don't like where they priced them though. You can get a used AV'65 for not much more and that is a bit more guitar. I love the 60s Lacquer and the originals are one of the best guitars for the dollar.

Looks like fender has created a whole group of them.

https://www.luckyfret.com/blogs/vgb/namm-2018-fender-announces-60th-anniversary-jazzmaster-models

Looks like they're MIM.
Not necessarily a bad thing, but explains the lower price point.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Are these going to be nitro-finished? Edited: Answered my own question. Yes.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-60th-anniversary-classic-jazzmaster-electric-guitar

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018 14:24:33

JakeDobner wrote:

I'm seriously considering one of those myself. I don't like where they priced them though. You can get a used AV'65 for not much more and that is a bit more guitar. I love the 60s Lacquer and the originals are one of the best guitars for the dollar.

Really? Seems to me the price is very reasonable, opening up a category that has been missed for a long time. Right between AV's and MIM's. Once you put a bridge and AV'65 PU's, at the least, I can see how it would be hard to compete with a used AV.
Pretty colors, no stupid 'upgrades' for the most part... just nice. 9.5" radius is a good compromise for most players. (while personally I'm getting more and more partial to the 7.25" neck of my Jag.)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018 17:05:34

Red with painted headstock trips my trigger, no way I can pay though.

Ariel wrote:

Really? Seems to me the price is very reasonable, opening up a category that has been missed for a long time. Right between AV's and MIM's. Once you put a bridge and AV'65 PU's, at the least, I can see how it would be hard to compete with a used AV.

They are $400 more than they were originally, they originally had AV'65 pickups. They also raised the price, substantially, on the regular 60s Lacquer.

You can get used AVRIs for $1000-$1500 (color and patience dependent) and you can get AV'65 for $1400-$1500 all day. The AV'65 is a lot of guitar.

Block inlay without binding neck is quite strange in my opinion

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

I would agree, but it looks like these do have binding.

kruelkats wrote:

Block inlay without binding neck is quite strange in my opinion

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018 08:43:52

The local independent music store I patronize just received a 60th Anniversary '58 Jazzmaster. It is absolutely stunning.

And so is the price. $2,299. Yikes.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Ariel wrote:

Once you put a bridge and

I like the way you emphasized YOU. Only Fender would sell you a guitar with a broken bridge and expect the customer to correct it for them ..for SIX DECADES!

WoodyJ wrote:

The local independent music store I patronize just received a 60th Anniversary '58 Jazzmaster. It is absolutely stunning.

Ha! yeah, it's kinda pricy. My favorite part is the stock Fender picture that every website has used, and the ugly piece of wood that the body was made from. that's a B grade chunk of ash. Certainly for a photo guitar.

The one at the NAMM show was beautiful, however.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018 10:29:58

Sonichris wrote:

WoodyJ wrote:

Ha! yeah, it's kinda pricy. My favorite part is the stock Fender picture that every website has used, and the ugly piece of wood that the body was made from. that's a B grade chunk of ash. Certainly for a photo guitar.

The one at the NAMM show was beautiful, however.

I really like the burst and overall look of that one. Maybe it's the forestry rustic post and rail job I had for many years but I sort of like those dark patches in the grain. I guess you must have seen Fender's pine bodied guitars which featured wood knots at NAMM this year!

JakeDobner wrote:

They are $400 more than they were originally, they originally had AV'65 pickups. They also raised the price, substantially, on the regular 60s Lacquer.

Oh I didn't know that. I think the price for new AVRI's is exaggerated anyway, they did bump everything up. Though, these new ones will too enter the used market.

crumble wrote:

I like the way you emphasized YOU. Only Fender would sell you a guitar with a broken bridge and expect the customer to correct it for them ..for SIX DECADES!

Some of us look at a guitar, and see only potential Wink . I meant to emphasize mostly the PU's... and wonder about the vibrato assembly. Myself, I'd change the bridge to a Mastery, but The AVRI works fine IMHO, once like you said, it has been corrected.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018 12:37:44

Ariel wrote:

Some of us look at a guitar, and see only potential Wink

And some of us look at your guitar and see only potentiometer! Big Grin

I like The Shining reference and the vintage white MIM Jazzmaster.

Page 1 of 1