Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Breath of the Ocean video by the Sea Hunters

Page 1 of 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE4R1HADc-0
I made a slide show video for my tune Breath of the Ocean, a ride from Venice to Point Mugu. Don Boomer played the drums, Gary Guthrie played the sax and I did the rest.

Beautiful song, guys. The melody and overall feel definitely resonate with the title. As a resident of the pacific northwest, I appreciate the glimpse of SoCal life, too. It's a different world down there!

One thing I'd suggest is that you could get away with slowing it down to maybe 85% tempo or so, to really nail that laid back, carefree feel. Maybe when you play it live after an uptempo song.

Thanks for sharing!

I loved it exactly as it is! I could ride my beach cruiser bike to that temple all day.
Nicely done!
Get it out there I'd pay to have it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018 22:00:20

Thanks guys. I have played the tune at many different tempos, usually not intentionally. When it slows down it just drags and makes it harder to play for me. This recording is my favorite tempo, I'm pretty laid back but not too laid back. I used a Telecaster with wound strings into a Line6 Floor Pod into Garageband, using their ambient reverb. It's about the best recording I'm capable of but I'd say not good enough to pay for. Happy to send an MP3 Joelman.

Stormtiger wrote:

Thanks guys. I have played the tune at many different tempos, usually not intentionally. When it slows down it just drags and makes it harder to play for me. This recording is my favorite tempo, I'm pretty laid back but not too laid back. I used a Telecaster with wound strings into a Line6 Floor Pod into Garageband, using their ambient reverb. It's about the best recording I'm capable of but I'd say not good enough to pay for. Happy to send an MP3 Joelman.

Ok, I'll take a MP3 and gladly add it to my surf music playlist. Sending PM with my email addy.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018 08:39:03

Ok,,,it's added to my play list.
Thank You!
Joel

Page 1 of 1