Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NAMM 2018

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

SlacktoneDave wrote:

Only use a buzz stop on my 30”scale Jazzmaster.

-dw

Hi Dave, do tell about that...30" Jszzmaster?
Thanks,
Ran

The Scimitars

kick_the_reverb wrote:

SlacktoneDave wrote:

-dw

Thanks,
Ran

Pretty cool guitar. I use it either tune to “E” with LaBella flatwounds, or, tuned down a 4th (A) with roundwounds.

I used a borrowed one on into the blue sparkle, but, the owner/ inventor of this wouldn’t sell me his, so, I had it made.

Very cool, thanks Dave!

SlacktoneDave wrote:

kick_the_reverb wrote:

SlacktoneDave wrote:

-dw

Thanks,
Ran

Pretty cool guitar. I use it either tune to “E” with LaBella flatwounds, or, tuned down a 4th (A) with roundwounds.

I used a borrowed one on into the blue sparkle, but, the owner/ inventor of this wouldn’t sell me his, so, I had it made.

The Scimitars

I knew about you using a baritone/30" on Into the Blue Sparkle, but I never guessed it was that part! Kind of makes a ton of sense now.

Thanks Dave!

Also, it looks pretty cool without the fret inlays and the Jag-style knobs. Lastly, Jazzmaster pickups sound very well suited to that instrument.

JakeDobner wrote:

I knew about you using a baritone/30" on Into the Blue Sparkle, but I never guessed it was that part! Kind of makes a ton of sense now.

Thanks Dave!

Also, it looks pretty cool without the fret inlays and the Jag-style knobs. Lastly, Jazzmaster pickups sound very well suited to that instrument.

No, not what I’m playing in the video... I just meant that I used it on that album. Used on Coffin Closer, Rell Sunn Aloha, Into The Blue Sparkle, and, I think, Saga...
anything on that album with the Barritone would be with roundwounds tuned down a 4th.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018 07:40:54

That got the brain going. Smile What parts are necessary to build one?

Can't decide on your next guitar?

I was fortunate to go to the show this year. Here’s some pics and info from the Fender booth.

1. Yes, back to ‘62 pickups in the American Original Series Jaguar.

1. The new American Original Series Jazzmaster look very nice, and the turquoise is a great color. The new fret board radius and very slightly larger frets should be no concern to anyone - if it is, you should probably just practice more. Very Happy

1. The 60th anniversary Jazzmasters looked amazing! The US made sunburst is beautiful, and the 4 (!) colors of the Mexico made Blocks and Bound versions are great. I seriously want 3 of the 4 colors as my own. But, ultimately the Fiesta red is the one for me.

1. The Parallel Universe guitars are in fact real, and I still think the Jag Strat is the single dumbest looking guitar I saw all weekend. But, to each his own. There were several others that looked pretty cool, especially the Tele/Les Paul mashup.

Lots of other cool stuff at Fender too.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Appreciate the pictures and report. Don't care for the Jag Strat myself. Not sure why they just didn't do a three pu Jag, maybe with a 24 3/4" scale neck like the Cyclone II's from years past.

CHRIS!!!! I have to know where you got that shirt. One of the best ever...

Ha! I got it last year from a vendor at the Viva Las Vegas Weekender. I asked for an XL Buddy Holly, and an XL Universal studios Wolf Man. Wolf Man was sold out, and I said I don’t know if I want to live in a world where Wolf Man outsells Buddy. Big Grin

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Found it on Etsy!

Great report, Chris! Thanks!

Matt "tha Kat" Lentz
Skippy and the Skipjacks: 2018-
Skippyandtheskipjacks.net
https://www.facebook.com/skippyandtheskipjacks
Otto and the Ottomans: 2014-2015
The Coconauts surf band: 2009-2014
www.theamazingcoconauts.com
Group Captain and the Mandrakes 2013
http://www.gcmband.com/