Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink My new recording studio.

Page 1 of 1

Well I've turned my old music studio over to my grandsons. Now it's a little boy cave. Big Grin
This is my new recording studio. It's compact, and easy to move on a moments notice. Or if the dinner bell rings.
I must admit though,,, the computer program is taking a little longer than I thought it would to learn. However, I'm liking this computer recording stuff.
Ok let's go,,,, take #103 Laughing

Can't beat the portability and convenience! Laughing

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Can't beat the portability and convenience! Laughing

Yeah it takes up a lot less room than the old amps and recording units.
It's a lot easier to keep the dust off, and it's easier to turn on and set up too.
Just turn the computer on.
Choose the garageband program.
Plug the guitar or instrument into the input device.
Hit record, and away you go!
Much quicker than the digital recorder or the tape one for sure.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 21:45:35

Nice!

I beat my head against the wall with that stuff. I can’t figure out how to bypass all the sims and preamps.

Digital recording has a learning curve for sure, but like everything else becomes easier with practice. And as noted it takes up very little space.

I bought a zoom r16, seems to work well and I can leave it set up. Recorded the drummer on a couple of mics and doing the rest at home. After years of being less than happy with studio albums, I’ve taken the plunge in getting things to sound the way I think they should. Patience with the learning curve was needed but it’s worked out fine

Vince_Ray wrote:

I bought a zoom r16, seems to work well and I can leave it set up. Recorded the drummer on a couple of mics and doing the rest at home. After years of being less than happy with studio albums, I’ve taken the plunge in getting things to sound the way I think they should. Patience with the learning curve was needed but it’s worked out fine

Yeah, getting your own music to sound the way YOU want them to is the trick. At the studio they often sound the way the studio thinks they should sound.
I've got a real long way to go on my new setup, but I'm looking forward to the journey.

I think you will have a blast. I was in your shoes 2 years ago, and ended up moving to Logic pro. It is basically garageband on steroids. I just released my first cd, made on my Mac. With this technology you can approach a pro sounding recording at home if you work at it.

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/davidkaplan

Page 1 of 1