Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Jaguar pickguards

Page 1 of 1

Did a search didn't find any info...
Are the MIM and MIA Jaguar pick guards interchangeable...do the screw holes and cut outs match?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017 17:11:32

Good question. I was gonna change out the pickguard on my surf green VM Jag (the stock guard is really white) for an off white parchment or mint green but I lost my motivation.

The avri pickguards fit the Squier. I don't know about the MIM. I've never been a fan of red guitars, but got a good deal on a CAR vm jag. I put a red tort pickguard on it and think it looks much better than the white.

That is cool looking...

Surfadelphia wrote:

Good question. I was gonna change out the pickguard on my surf green VM Jag (the stock guard is really white) for an off white parchment or mint green but I lost my motivation.

Loss motivation.....lol

BamaSurf wrote:

That is cool looking...

Thanks Bama,
I think the classic lacquer series uses American size guards. Mine is a Chinese copy I got on ebay for about 15 bucks. It's worth a shot.
Off topic, be sure to come next door to Atlanta towards the end of summer 2018 for the Southern Stomp Fest.

The fit isn't perfect, but really close. It works, but barely! Don't hesitate to buy an AVRI/AV'65 guard.

I'm thinking of going tortoise on the new Fiesta Red 60's Lacquer i just got. It's a cool look.

Surf_Skater wrote:

The avri pickguards fit the Squier.

Pretty Jag. Smile j

Just to feed future search queries, this doesn't necessarily apply to the VM Jazzmaster, some of which I've seen would require re-drilling.

Also, be sure to dress everything nice in those Classic Jag cavities when swapping stuff. The shielding paint does its job nicely at shorting stuff to ground if you let a lug or wire-end get near it. Makes for tail-chasing when the guitar cuts out. Try not to be that guy. Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Surf_Skater wrote:

The avri pickguards fit the Squier. I don't know about the MIM. I've never been a fan of red guitars, but got a good deal on a CAR vm jag. I put a red tort pickguard on it and think it looks much better than the white.

Looks nice, is that candy apple red or fiesta red?

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Looks more like Dakota red to me?

Cheers
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Yeah, Fender didn't nail the color. It's Fiesta Red in name. It's also not.close enough to Dakota. Really, it's just red!

The nice thing about changing pickguards on Jaguars is that you only have to loosen the strings, take out the screws and it comes off, unlike a Strat where the pickups and switch plate are attached to the pickguard and not the body. I used to like changing the pickguard on my Strats just for an occasional different look, but it takes a lot more time and hassel.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017 09:23:28

The Squier VM red is called "Candy Apple Red"; though not much flake comes through - I had one (very briefly). The Classic 60's series has a "Fiesta Red" that is closer, although just on the pinkish/salmon side like some old T-birds. Early on some of those were damned near orange (like an original Boss 302 Mustang). They seem to be getting much better/closer, but if color is a sticking point best to buy one seen with your own eyes.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Oh, that's a Squier. I thought we were talking about the 60s Lacquer which isn't the worlds best Fiesta Red.

The fiesta red I tried at GC was kind of an orangey salmon color. I think it would look good with a brown tort.
Mine is definitely Squier.
I had no problems with fit on my Jag or Jazzmaster buying American sized guards.
Make sure you don't get a MIJ, I bought one by mistake from allparts and had to do some serious whittlin' to make it fit.

Yeah, Fiesta Red can be all over the place...from pink to scarlet. I got lucky on mine. It's the tomato soup hue that I'm used to for Fiesta Red.

Page 1 of 1