Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Surf Bands on Tape Cassette

Page 1 of 1

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Here's my meager collection. Upper left is Brazil 2001. I also had the first Mermen album on cassette, but I played it so much it bit the dust. And I still have a box of Larry "Moon Dawg" White's "cassette of the month" series. Alas, all my players, even in my car, have died.
Also, Pollo Del Mar put out two cassette tapes, but I can't find any laying around.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 20:18:37

John, THIS is cool!

I, personally, have The Space Cossacks and Bambi Molester cassettes. I cherish them!

I would love to have the Penetrators and Coctail Preachers cassettes you have. I have a couple Beach Boys cassettes as well, my first ever music that was my own.

Woah! Nice collections there! Via Combusta, a new surf band in Seattle played their first show on Friday night and had 3, yes 3, cassettes for sale. I didn't know until they were gone. They said their next show will have a new cassette which will be a live recording of their first show LOL. Big Grin

Skins for The Delstroyers

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 20:28:32

Very nice cassettes! "Slacktone Live! At the California Institute of Abnormalarts". "Unofficial" release?

Whoah… that’s nice seeing an old Swyng Jacks tape in some very fine company there!

The Exotic Guitar of Kahuna Kawentzmann

You can get the boy out of the Keynes era, but you can’t get the Keynes era out of the boy.

I've got around 30 I think, I'll have to dig them out n take a pic.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Saw this post and had to join so I could post my Atomic Teen Idols tape from the mid-late 90's. They were an Olympia-based surf/spy/ska/rockabilly band.

John, is that Revelaires tape from the Belgian formation??
Because I wasn't aware they had one.

Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Yes. Only three tracks, though: "Third Man Theme," "Goldfinger," and "You Only Live Twice." Steven Janssens is the contact name on the cassette's insert. Except for a phone #, no date and no other information provided.

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Great.They were an amazing live band, visually, the performance, ... even though They online did covers.
Recently Steven did a Link Wray tribute together with Steven G, Bart & Jens (of the Fifty Foot Combo).
For a while Steven also directed a whole 'orchestra' named the Whodads, interesting enough to check it out.

Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Bump, to remind myself

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

John wrote:

This is one nostalgic photo!

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

Page 1 of 1