Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NGD AV 62 'yomano' matching headstock CAR Jag

Page 1 of 1

So weirdly the local Craigslist equivalent had listed yet another matching headstock AVRI for sale around Sydney
The neck plate serial starts with V128*** the same as my recent JM IMB AV 62 mad win USA for export (yomano 1/50).

This Jag popped up and I just had to go for it. All original except for the editing of the buzz stop as far as I can tell.

Only.picked it up today and needs a set up but first impression are did a very nice guitar, with similar build quality as the JM (unsurprisingly).

I'll take it apart tomorrow night and have a peek at the neck heel and slot for year etc.

Congratulations! Gorgeous guitar Yes

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

That is a thing of beauty! I love matching headstocks am thinking of spraying my candy apple classic player to match. Does your painted headstock go all the way around the back and end in a V shape at the neck? Just curious, just for fun

Vince_Ray wrote:

That is a thing of beauty! I love matching headstocks am thinking of spraying my candy apple classic player to match. Does your painted headstock go all the way around the back and end in a V shape at the neck? Just curious, just for fun
Thanks yeh I think she's beautiful

No it's just the front
Now, as you probably know , painting candy apple red requires a gold metallic base coat , then the semitransparent red , then clear. So a bit of a process and cost involved. Good luck !

Nice acquisition.

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

Wow....that's a beauty.

Looks nice along side the other matching headstock yomano ...

Ah yes, I can see the woody sides on those photos. I found a kit with the metallic base (thought it was silver though could be wrong) and then the transparent red. Always think I could be playing the guitar instead of mucking around with tape, layers of spraying and decals. But it looks so damn cool in those photos. Congratulations

Vince_Ray wrote:

Ah yes, I can see the woody sides on those photos. I found a kit with the metallic base (thought it was silver though could be wrong) and then the transparent red. Always think I could be playing the guitar instead of mucking around with tape, layers of spraying and decals. But it looks so damn cool in those photos. Congratulations

Sounds like a cool project. I think the earlier (pre 65 ?) CAR models had a silver undercoat

nice avri + matching = real nice

ludobag wrote:

nice avri + matching = real nice

Yeh thanks Smile I totally agree ! I'm amazed more than one has turned up for sale so close to home. And both for very reasonable money.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017 12:58:51

Mastery bridge ordered and on route

Page 1 of 1