Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NGD

Page 1 of 1

i have fall since 2 years i have sold my cij i have create a miss
she 's here !! Smile
finally after more than month of waiting i have it after my friend keep it cause it was 600 km far from my home and friday i have gone to pick up it

it is like a new guitar it have only one year and half ,the ex owner buy it in may 2016 and played it rarely
just a little stripe in the back (you have to look really to see it and it is only in the surface of paint ) a chip on the neck pocket (usual when the neck is to much adjusted ),a little marks on the side at headstock and a mark in the varnish where a head tuner was put (nitro react)
the fret are totally like new i think none are used and just one show a little play (i remeber my cij have fret worn for some in the cowboy chord zone)
something weard is the wood on the headstock ? look like a cross

it is mount with 11 48 that i find a little to soft ,i play 10 52 on my jazz
i have set up it higther cause of my playing cause when she arrived it was too low (1 mm fret clearence) i have set up 2 mm at E bass and 1.5 mm at E treble
maybe i will ajust the neck but for now i let it like this cause it is very straight (i think the gap is less than 0.2 mm when you fret it at first and last fret )and if i put a gauge more important the gap will be good
i hesitate to put 10 52 or put more ? like 12 52
it play really easyer than my jazz du to scale i am not too chocked by the change of scale
the nut need some work on the e bass (i think it is a normal thing for store guitar ,i am not not desapointed but normally i made my guitar then it is new for me )
the guy put a mustang bridge on it and change the string t (don't know what wrong with the one(string t) delivered with ? but it gave me with the guitar as the original bridge)
the side of fret are well ,not cutting
my impression are really good ,lighter than my cij (this one was really heavy as i remember)
sound good ,the arm of the vibrato is better than the cij
the stock pups are good ,don't know if i will put the peter leonard wizard pickup i have kept from the cij ?
fiesta red is real nice (first fiesta guitar i have )
the neck is thinner i think than the cij and i feel it really better (as i remember the cij was on the bigger side more thick)
the case is jazzmaster friendly ! cool

a little vid in action

Congrats to your first fiesta red Ludo!!!!

Wonderful!!!

Sounds like a good decision!
The video is horrible.
Smile
No, joking, it shows the fun what you have with this guitar.
I am a bit afraid of the cross on the headstock. Smile

What have you paid for this Jaguar?
I paid 1800€ for my thin skin Jaguar a few months ago. And I would buy it again for this price!

And what about a Jazzmaster in fiesta red? You need a fiesta red Jazzy Ludo, you know this!!! Smile

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

the cross is to made you believe in surf Big Grin
half the price of the new 550 €(it is classic lacquer 60 mex),i was noodling in a advert site (le bon coin) searching something ? wasting time ?(and money often!)and i see it
then i need it
she talk to me and said buy me !
i wasn't strong enough to resist ,and i miss my jag in fact since i have sold it (at this time i need some found and it was the only one i can sale cause all my guitar are homemade )
but she was far from my home and the guy don't send it ,then i ask my friend Christophe to pick it up (you know him it is the guy with me in Livorno)
i never bond with my cij and rarely play it but this one is different it call me at this moment (lol)come on and play
you are right i need a fiesta red jazzmaster it is evidence i have my black one that could be a good candidate with the nice tort on it
fiesta red + tort is gorgous

for the vid it is a dedicace for my cousine who love Paul Menphis and also a thanks for my friend of Cannibals Mosquitos cause i have go with them to pick up the guitar as they play near my friend home ,i have become roadie this friday (i like it less pressure than playing and you drink as much !cheers)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 05:38:37

Congratulations on your Jag - very happy for you! (I have same guitar.)

I was able to run 12-54 & trying 11-50 now. No change needed on neck between the string sets. At first I tried a 12 set that had a .024 for the G but too much of a good thing. Now have .020. I think the 12's really bring out the best in the guitar for me; will probably go back to them after I demolish these 11's.

Sometimes these guitars look a small amount too light for Fiesta Red but I have seen original Ford Thunderbirds in several different shades; some almost pink, some almost Dakota. They did a very good job with these guitars.

Only thing I had to do was join the shielding on the pickguard to the ground system, as the cold weather here with low humidity/dry-warm house gets me generating static.

Thank you for having some fun with the video & sharing - sounds great!
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

thanks i am very happy to the quality of the guitar ,i was a little scare of it cause i can't try it before ,but all the jazzmaster classic lacquer i have seen seems to be well build ,it is more harder to find jag in store near
then after it is poker gamble ,it could be a lemon too
will try 12 52 or 12 54 like you said cause on jag you could put more thick gauge it will stay easy to play (and i love the thick treble string more than 10 the sound is less thin )more over i tend to attack to much then i break too thin string
have a set of ernie ball 11 14 18 28 38 48 and a set of pyramide 10 52 nickel classic will do a mix ,the treble of ernie ball with the bass of pyramide (love this string fell really good and stay good long)
the color is real nice in some reflection you see also some orange ,
don't find at this time static but if needed a little shelding will be done but as jazzmaster player if there no hum it is not a jazzmaster (part of sound!)
when i have time will made a new guard more mint the white is too much white (i have a blank parchement that become mint green with light exposure )
and i need to work the nut cause for now it don't stay in tune when i use the tremolo the string go sharp

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 08:00:51

Ludobag,
Congratulations on your new beautiful Jag!
It sounds and looks rad and look how much fun you're having with it...

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Congrats...that is a beautiful guitar.. awesome color.

Thanks ,i haven't touch the nut in fact (only deepened the E bass a little ) just set up it well after put some 11 14 18 30 42 52 ,the tremelo was not set up (then i set up it )and pull out some tape who was put on the bridge legs ,put some wax candle on the screws for setting the hight of the bridge and voila now it play real well and it stay in tune pretty well too
if i have spare time this week end i will put a shim (cause i think it need to have less sgouing behind the bridge) and work the nut too just to be sure it is done (i love to have nut done correct it help to play well )

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017 11:13:44

ludobag wrote:

...put some wax candle on the screws for setting the hight of the bridge...

Neat, had not heard (or thought) of doing that.
Smile

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

This suggests applying melted candle wax to the few troublesome saddle screws of a strat to keep them in place. Anyone try this?

Screwthread lock compound takes more time & attention.

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

Yes it is easy ,you put some on thé screw ,after you use a lighter to make it pénétrante info thé threading ând let it cold ,totally réversible for futur adjustement,if you need to réajust you have just to turn thé screw ând reheat and it is done

ludobag wrote:

Yes it is easy ,you put some on thé screw ,after you use a lighter to make it pénétrante info thé threading ând let it cold ,totally réversible for futur adjustement,if you need to réajust you have just to turn thé screw ând reheat and it is done

I'll experiment with that next time the strings come off, probably to experiment with the roundcore 12's on the way. I have zero problem with saddle screws using the sliver-of-thread method but have had the treble end of my Jaguar's bridge settle once on me (sounds like bad sitar) so something will be done. Hardware on the MiM stuff sometimes doesn't have the tolerances of something machined to SAE dimensions. Tiny issue; I love my 60's Jag.

Wes

i prefer the little gap on japan or mim bridge than the thight ajustement on the avri bridge cause i have kill the 6 pans head with the key of the screw of the leg ,too much resistance du to the groove on the screws ( i think the screw is overtolerance of the thread and the groove is made to make it open )
no if i have to set up i have to use a plier to turn it
on the saddle part also on the avri i put candle wax to make them not move , a japan bridge with the thread locked work well and i think the mim also but cause i have a mustang on my jag i haven't try (there is 2 type of mustang one is less gap and it is the one who works the best (i have this one on the jag)
and for the trem a japan one with a straytrem arm works as good as an avri
the mim work better than the japan du to the arm system collet + bar but you have the same sound of the arm shock back and front in the collet like the japan and it is not as soft feel as the avri or staytrem ,the miss of the block is not really important for me cause i set up it to have the bar at the right height ,but i think an old vintage trem with is bar woould be a good mod cause of the bend of the arm ,you see the nice bend in this vid at 1.52

First rehearsale yesterday with ,need to touch the nut cause it is not staying in tune during all the rehearsale like my others guitars but a big + for it ,since my car crash of febrary my left wrist hurt often with climate change or if i force on it ,but with the short scale it help me a lot to avoid pain ,more over i play more faster as i see ,i feel it very confortable and not real change in my overall sound ,one thing i have to do also is to move down the lead /rythm switch cause i touch it ,it is more proeminent than on my jazz

Page 1 of 1