Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink THE RENTONES - Instrumental Surf Hot Rod Group from Indonesia

Page 1 of 1

Hello Guys

Since there is no new surf band in Indonesia beside The Mentawais at this time, I managed to make another one. On behalf of The Rentones, I want to introduce my band in here. The Rentones is an instrumental surf-hot rod band from Bogor, West Java, Indonesia, formed in late of 2015 with personnel consisting of Aldino Anatusa (bass) and Umar Bawahab (guitars). In the second quarter of 2017 we have finished our recording session and planned to make a debut EP in tape cassette format, titled Blown & Injected. Blown & Injected EP contained 4 original songs. The EP is scheduled to be released in conjunction with this year's Jakarta Cassette Store Day, on October 2017.

Article: Introducing The Rentones, A Surf Group Who Release Single “Blown & Injected”

You can directly download our single (good quality mp3 sound) in here. Cheers!

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Last edited: Oct 02, 2017 01:34:23

Sound good guys !

Nice bright sound to them. Tachophobia, while labeled "studio session" has a nice live feel to it.
Thanks for sharing! Cool

Is cassette still a preferred medium in Indonesia, or is it a nostalgia thing?

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Thanks ludobag and Badger, We are aware that many people prefer CD, but it is simply a matter of costs. Recording mixing and mastering for only two person in a band is a problem for low budget band like The Rentones, honestly we are broke now Laughing

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Fun Stuff guys!
Sounds really good.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great stuff guys, I dig it!

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Indonesians Rock!
You do SoCal better than we do ourselves!
I have personal memories of Big Daddy Don Garlitts reaching 240 MPH (and 120dB) at the Fremont Dragstrip, ca. 1972. My dad, an old-time car dealer, took me there to teach me to enjoy Kar Kulture. The place was full of greasers typical of the South Bay (San Jose, Fremont) and kind of louche. I remember I could smell the hash they were smoking. A synesthetic experience to make a lifelong impression. I wish we Americans were still so free as we were then.

Squink Out!

Nice!!!

www.instagram.com/_the.outer.limits_
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7iIpcAvL8In2HY9I7QoPw
www.theouterlimits.bandcamp.com
www.facebook.com/vertigogo.surf

Thanks BigTikiDude, remora1, Agent71857 and what a superb experience you have JOBeast!

Recently The Display make an article about our album on their site, you can read at this link

Source: Introducing The Rentones, A Surf Group Who Release Single “Blown & Injected”

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Bump this thread with an update from our EP, the cassettes is here Big Grin

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Page 1 of 1