Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
118 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink RIP Carvin Audio Closes Factory, Will Liquidate Assets

Page 1 of 1

Carvin Audio announced after 70 years in operation,it is closing it's San Diego factory and liquidating the entirety of it's stock.

All items on the Carvin Audio website is marked down by 25 percent and all sales on items are final.
This is for amps & PAs only.
Their guitar line Keisel is unaffected.

http://www.guitarworld.com/gear-news-amplifiers/carvin-audio-closes-factory-will-liquidate-assets/31902

That's too bad. I have a couple Carvin amps and I love them. My 80s X100B through a Bassman 50 with D140Fs blows me away with how good it sounds every time I play through it. Its spring reverb is even strong enough to stand in for a Fender tank in a pinch. Really a fantastic amp. Hats off to Carvin.

Another sad day for American music manufacturers, and it sucks.

My second-ever amp and the first one with which I could play in a band (and in fact, did) was a Carvin. It was the SX-60 model, if I remember correctly, a 60W solid state 1x12 combo which was my only amp from '87 until '93, a pretty important six years of my development as a guitarist. It was a good-sounding amp. I continued to get Carvin catalogs until they stopped sending them out just a couple of years ago, and I always took a few minutes to look through them. Was often tempted to get one of their tube amps, but never did, sadly. I guess most other people were like me....

Sad news, indeed. Sigh

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

That really is a sad loss. One of my main amps is a great sounding MTS 3200 100 watt head. I only use the clean channel and run it into a ported 2x15 cab, It is a thing of pure thunderous beauty. I wish I had scored 2 more! Thanks for the heads up.

Salud!

Mark

yeah this is sad ...almost everyone I know in San Diego has some Carvin gear of some sort ..I have PA speakers ..theyre cheap and good and if anything went wrong ,spare parts were just up the road from the factory ....sad because they were locally made and owned , I hate only having foreign made product choices .
I think Im gonna go get a PA head or power amp while I still can.

Page 1 of 1