Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
248 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
248 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink Need help! The torquays - rescue at mavericks guitar tab

Page 1 of 1

Hello everybody, i am new here and this is my first post. I have finally got a surf band up and running and now we have a problem, i need with the lead guitar stuff for torquays - rescue at mavericks. if anybody got a guitar tab or could help me i would be thankful!

There is a video of them playing that live online. Only glimpses of the lead, but enough bits and pieces that you may get enough insight as to what positions certain parts are played and then use your own knowledge of the guitar to fill in the blanks. As you are new here, I as well as everyone else have no knowledge of your skill level, so please do not be insulted by this, BUT...this is not really a song to be tackled by someone who needs the thing mapped out for them. The Torqays are a great band and this is not like learning, say, Penetration, where you can remember it as, "every other fret- this one on the dots, the next octave on the spaces". Again, that may not be you so no offense. I think there is enough on the video to work with for a guitarist with enough of an ear or knowledge get hints and to work it out, but not enough for anyone needing songs tabbed out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMNUDiSZCVA

www.jetpackband.com
https://www.facebook.com/JetpackTheBand

Last edited: May 31, 2017 13:17:30

bigtikidude just alerted me to your post. Tabbing it out would take forever, but I could do a simple video showing the elements...when I get around to it. For now, here is the chord chart. Also, thanks for the kind words from Jetpack!

Armin, Torquays

@TheDeweysSurf
armin, dave, john, jeff
guitar-bass-drums-guitar

The Torquays

@TheDeweysSurf
armin, dave, john, jeff
guitar-bass-drums-guitar

The Torquays

Wow! What an amazing example of just how wonderful the Surfguitar101 website is! SG101!

With your very first post, nicke, you got a response from Armin Brown of The Torquays. How cool is that? And thank you, Mr. Brown, for another example of how supportive and generous the surf music community is. It is great to have you here! If you do a video, I'll be sure to watch it.

And thank you, bigtikidude, for taking the time to make this connection happen.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

goofboard wrote:

bigtikidude just alerted me to your post. Tabbing it out would take forever, but I could do a simple video showing the elements...when I get around to it. For now, here is the chord chart. Also, thanks for the kind words from Jetpack!

Armin, Torquays

Wow!! Couldnt get a better start on this forum! Smile

I have figured out some parts of it, tried to watch the Live video on YouTube but i couldn't really see what's going on. The parts I have problems with is the "harmonies" at the end of the main riff from the second time it appears, and the "chimey" parts (verse 4 and bridge 3). I have figured out The rest of the song but I've been stuck on these parts very long now. If you or someone else could explain how to do em it would be great! Thanks for one of the best surf songs ever btw Smile

Hope this helps address the trouble sections

@TheDeweysSurf
armin, dave, john, jeff
guitar-bass-drums-guitar

The Torquays

1st section mislabeled bridge, should be verse.

@TheDeweysSurf
armin, dave, john, jeff
guitar-bass-drums-guitar

The Torquays

Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help, now i cant wait for next rehearsal to try it with full band!! =)
Maybe i can get it on film and post it on the forum later =)

Nicke, good luck with the band.
Smile

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

I am learning this tune and I'm so glad I found this thread! Thanks for tabbing out those sections Mr. Brown. This song is nothing short of a surf rock masterpiece!

Last edited: Mar 04, 2019 13:19:29

Page 1 of 1