Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Southern Surf StompFest 2017! (flyer added)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

I can't wait for this weekend. We're bringing brand new CDs, hopefully shirts featuring artwork by Stephen Blickenstaff (they are supposed to be delivered by Friday), and some homemade corn liquor.

I want to check out this Dave Poe's BBQ joint to see if Georgia Q can compare to Eastern Carolina Q. Big Grin

Kevin
The Out of Limits
www.facebook.com/theoutoflimitsband
https://theoutoflimits.bandcamp.com/

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those!

Honestly, there's no such thing as Georgia BBQ but regardless, there's no comparison!

The Squares - 1995-2002
The Mystery Men? - 2012-
MOONBASE - 2012-2017
The KBK - 2017-2022
The Frigidaires 2021-
Southern Surf Stomp!

Hah, I've never had BBQ that I didn't like so...

Kevin
The Out of Limits

This is one of the highlights of my year. I can't wait for tomorrow! Some would say, "Why wait for tomorrow, the kickoff party at Trader Vic's is tonight? Unfortunately, my schedule won't permit me to make that, especially since I heard that SG101 regular, Eddie Katcher's Racket Squad would be filling in for The Johnny Zoom Hi-Fi Show (they had to cancel due to impact from hurricane Irma. Keep them in your thoughts as they recover.)

It's quite a line up:

Aqualads (NC)
Genki Genki Panic (TN)
The Mystery Men? (GA)
The Out of Limits (NC)
El Capitan & The Reluctant Sadists (GA)
Rondo Hatton (LA)
Caroline & the Ramblers (GA)
The Reverburritos (AK, reunion show!)
The Surge! (GA)

DJ Dusty Booze.

Saturday, September 16th from 12-10pm at Little Tree Art Studios (2834 Franklin St, Avondale Estates, GA 30002)

Plus, there will be a kickoff party the night before (9/15) at Trader Vics Atlanta with the Aqualads (NC), The Johnny Zoom Hi-Fi Show (FL) The Racket Squad (GA), and Dangling Tassels (AK).

Both are free and family friendly. The Facebook event page can be found here.

(I know Chad posted all of this information, plus a cool flyer, at the beginning of this thread, but I like to repeat it for those tuning in late. I hope to see you there!
-- As always, a huge thank you to Chad Shivers for presenting this event, Eddie Katcher for the sound setup, and the members of The Mystery Men?, whom I'm sure pitched in to make this happen.)

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

After a ton of overtime this week due the storm, I am going to be able to go!
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Excellent news, Mike!

The Squares - 1995-2002
The Mystery Men? - 2012-
MOONBASE - 2012-2017
The KBK - 2017-2022
The Frigidaires 2021-
Southern Surf Stomp!

Thanks to Sean and Creative Loafing Atlanta for a really nice piece on StompFest! Read it here.

The Squares - 1995-2002
The Mystery Men? - 2012-
MOONBASE - 2012-2017
The KBK - 2017-2022
The Frigidaires 2021-
Southern Surf Stomp!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017 20:58:53

Opening night was fantastic!

Kevin
The Out of Limits

Wow, very cool. Too bad I missed it. I guess being in Canada doesn't help either. Is there any way I can get a hi-res version of the Avondale event poster? I collect these for my home studio wall.

Verbanator wrote:

Wow, very cool. Too bad I missed it. I guess being in Canada doesn't help either. Is there any way I can get a hi-res version of the Avondale event poster? I collect these for my home studio wall.

Prints of the flyer and t shirts with the flyer on the back were available at the show. If you message Chad he may still have some left.
Awesome show yesterday! All the bands killed it.
Huge thanks to Chad for putting it on and Ed for running the sound.
It was great to see Jonpaul made the show but, Jeff, where were you? We had a BBQ vendor at the venue so you wouldn't have to miss anything.
Rockstar sighting of the day was Brent Hinds and his motorcycle entourage that only stayed long enough for Caroline and the Ramblers.
Had a great time hanging out with Tim and seeing old friends and making some new ones. The whole surf scene vibe is just awesome.
Counting down the days until next year's Stomp Fest.

Wanted to be there badly, money is tight after a lot of vehicle repairs.
And my Dad is in the Hospital.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sorry to hear about your dad Jeff. Hope he gets better soon and both of y'all can come next year.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3