Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Need help troubleshooting my Gomez G-spring reverb!

Page 1 of 1

I'm having trouble with my G-spring after 50-60 hours of use. It seem's like it won't engage the reverb anymore. No change in sound when turning knobs, just clean sound. I can hear some noise from the springs (very low and distant) when knocking lightly on the cabinet or moving the unit when the reverb is engaged with the footswitch. I replaced all tubes and reverb pan, no difference.
Anyone have some ideas?

The basics after tubes.
1. Make sure rca cables are tight in chassis and reverb pans
a. If you have contact cleaner, try to spray abit on rca connectors
2. Make sure the reverb pan lock is NOT engaged (in)
3. Remove the reverb pan and look for disconnected transducer wires
a. OR if you have another pan try that
4. Try diff rca cables and swap them to make sure they were not mixed up when trying new pan

After that, it gets more involved with circuit testing, transformer testing, etc. Heck I'd reach out to Gomez (I think he's still on SurfGuitar101)

I currently have the exact same problem. Dario advised me to test with another reverb pan. Hopefully I can find the time and test tomorrow.

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

eltwang wrote:

I currently have the exact same problem. Dario advised me to test with another reverb pan. Hopefully I can find the time and test tomorrow.

I did test with another pan, same problem. Please keep me updated in your progress with your unit.

On a somewhat related note, I had two reissue fender reverb units with the same issue. One turned out to be bad reverb transformer and the other was one of the resisters.

I too had my Gomez in the shop due to very little reverb coming out with the dry signal. Turns out Dario added a resister (1 ohm my tech says) to the circuit as a sort of fuse and that was the culprit. It's not on the original Fender schematic so tell your tech to look for an extra resister if it comes down to that.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Condition also exists without any footswitch connected?

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

i had an issue with mine a few years ago and dario fixed it. i think it was the power supply but i'm not sure.

www.surfintheeye.com

Badger wrote:

Yes!

heepeejeep wrote:

Badger wrote:

Yes!

OK, Tubes, pans, cables, check. Might be time for someone to take Danny's suggestion & find something that isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Just got word from my tech, that he had to replace the reverb tranny in my unit.

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Page 1 of 1