Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 10th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention, August 4-6,2017, (flyer added)

Goto Page: Previous 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 Next

OK, just posted my whole thoughts on Day 2 here:
http://www.stormsurgeofreverb.com/content/surf-guitar-101-convention-day-two

Some of my favorite pics

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Last edited: Aug 09, 2017 19:05:50

Oh and dis one

Thank you for sharing. (Especially like the one of Patrick; he wears his intensity for all to see, always. I think his faces were the inspiration for Sonic Cataclysm album design...)

Not trying to single anyone out... Great shots of all - so pleased you covered this with your camera.
And Ralf, OMG - so grateful he's always just Ralf, can you imagine a math equation with "2xRalf"? Does not compute. Laughing

Think I'll start now & try to rope all the kids in to stick close to their Mother for a week-10 days next year & maybe get out there to see our convention.

Thanks Jeff for all the love you & others pour into this.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

great shots

www.surfintheeye.com

Thanks Hunter... sorry we didn't bump into each other this time.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Now that I've got two in a row it's solidly established as a yearly ritual! Let's make a point of it next time Brian!

Hunter!
Those shots are awesome, thank you!
For you and Brian and anybody ever looking for other forum members,
I know a lot, but not all. Ask me, and I'll try to point people out to each other.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Here is Hunter's Blog review and pics of day 1 of the SG101 convention :
http://www.stormsurgeofreverb.com/content/surf-guitar-101-convention-day-one

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sonichris holding the Gomez G-Spring reverb tank raffle prize that he had just won.

yay chris! i didn't know you won this.

www.surfintheeye.com

We had an amazing time this year. It was great to see all of our friends and make some new ones too. Thank you Jeff, for having the Exotics. You did a great job.

The Exotics 1994-Current
The Chickenshack - www.wmse.org
www.thedoghouseflowers.com
www.uptownsavages.com

JP, the Exotics acquitted themselves quite nicely, both at the Alpine and at Surf Dogs. And, I had the CD in my player on my nine hour drive home and it was good companionship as well! I hope to hear the band play again sometime.

The Sun Rays -- The Sierra's Surf Band

Ric12string wrote:

JP, the Exotics acquitted themselves quite nicely, both at the Alpine and at Surf Dogs. And, I had the CD in my player on my nine hour drive home and it was good companionship as well! I hope to hear the band play again sometime.

Thank you sir. We hope to come back to CA in 2 years for our 25th anniversary, unless something lucrative presents itself in the meantime. Enjoy the cd.

The Exotics 1994-Current
The Chickenshack - www.wmse.org
www.thedoghouseflowers.com
www.uptownsavages.com

jp wrote:

Ric12string wrote:

Thank you sir. We hope to come back to CA in 2 years for our 25th anniversary, unless something lucrative presents itself in the meantime. Enjoy the cd.

it was great seeing you guys again and hopefully somewhere for your 25th.

www.surfintheeye.com

summerfun wrote:

Sonichris holding the Gomez G-Spring reverb tank raffle prize that he had just won.

AWESOME! Congrats Man! Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Had a great time at convention, so much good music!!

I went to the Friday night show to see the Surf Rockers Only two words can describe it wow and unbelievable! It was exactly like Dick Dale and the Deltones of 1962.

i thought the surf rockers nailed 'miserlou'. it was nice hearing it with horns.

www.surfintheeye.com

****Thank you Jeff Hanson, Tiki Tena, and everyone that worked hard to put together the SG101 Convention. I had a great time performing and hanging out with everyone. ALL the bands were amazing !

Here are some photos of the Dynotones. Thank you to all that supported us for the last 20 years.

Cheers ! (or in Alpine speak.... Prost !)

(photography by Kimberly Jackson)****

hunter's got the rundown of day 2 up now http://www.stormsurgeofreverb.com

www.surfintheeye.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 Next