Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 10th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention, August 4-6,2017, (flyer added)

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next

Ooooooooof!
Happy but tired.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

And sore

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll write more later but just a real quick word of thanks to Jeff, Jonpaul, Marie, Emilio, Ran, Tena, and everyone else who helped out for this amazing event. I had such a fantastic time!! The bands and people were so good I will be smiling for months.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Congrats Jeff on another epic job well done! Alas, work obligations prevented me from attending this year and had to experience it via Tien's and others posts but next year I'll up and quit before missing it again!! Big Grin

Skins for The Delstroyers

Absolutely nailed it with the lineup, Jeff, would not have subtracted a single band. So glad I came, met a bunch more people this time, hope to meet a bunch more next year!

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Cool Hunter! Thanks for coming, and keep up the great work on yer radio show, I listen a lot.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

i hope someone got on film the tribute sonichris did for tuck (john kootz). i'd guess no one in the vendor area heard it because the sound when someone was talking on stage was really muddled. anyway......very well said and played.

www.surfintheeye.com

The line up was incredible!! It was great to finally meet so many of you in person. A huge thanks to Jeff for putting this all together!!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

This was my first Convention and I enjoyed myself immensely. Thanks, Jeff, for all of your hard work that went into making it the great event that it was.

The Sun Rays -- The Sierra's Surf Band

Thank you to all, but especially the first timers, it makes me really happy that you came.

Tons of pics, videos, reviews on the evil FB,
Would love to see more here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

OK

The Surf Rockers

Outerwave

Par Avion

Tequila Worms

The Volcanics

The Insect Surfers

Haven't gone through Saturday yet

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Last edited: Aug 08, 2017 07:37:23

Thanks for a great weekend Jeff and everyone else! Lot's of surfy dreams were realized.

From past me to future you

Thank you Hunter!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I just returned to Texas last last night. Jeff, thanks a ton for making this event so freakin' amazing. Surf Dogs was a total blast. The Madeira sounded better there than they did at Alpine Village, maybe it was me. Their slower songs literally had me in tears. Very emotional and perfectly written, I was thinking to myself how does one not love music like that? Those men are stellar musicians. Cream of the crop in the surf genre. Ivan, I love you man lol

Also, I had a great time at the Fender factory tour with fellow members Fritz and Guy. We all learned a lot and our tour guide was the coolest ever. Looking forward to 2018 already!!!

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Last edited: Aug 08, 2017 11:10:20

Very cool, thanks for Coming!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks Jeff & crew. You did the tenth anniversary proud. All the bands sounded amazing and having them do a different set at Surf Dogs was a great idea.

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I'll be smiling for weeks. Jeff, you are amazing! Thanks you for all the hard work in putting this together! A+++

Bob

Last edited: Aug 09, 2017 01:15:24

It was awesome meeting so many folks from the forums. This weekend was an absolute blast. All of the bands were amazing.

I'm so tired...

Kevin
The Out of Limits
www.facebook.com/theoutoflimitsband
https://theoutoflimits.bandcamp.com/

Had a great time bathing in nearly non-stop instrumental surf music this past weekend. I'm thankful to have been asked to help organize a tribute set to the seminal and important first-wave band The Surfaris. My thanks to Matt Quilter, Jay Truax, Dave Raven, Keven Brennan, and the legend Paul Johnson for their efforts. I thought it came off very well and was complimentary to the legacy of The Surfaris and to their lead guitarist, Jim Fuller, who left us this past March.

Then, there were my friends, Ivan Pongracic and The Madeira. The special six-man Saturday romp on stage with all of us doing three tunes with TWO bass players and three guitarists was rather epic. The "wall of sound" is alive and well. Or, maybe that should be the "wall of reverb."

Finally, the Blair-Pongracic Band's "secret set" on Sunday night to close out this high-speed weekend was a blast. I appreciate everyone who stayed until the end and I hope that last hour was worth everything all of you had to "endure" this weekend. We had a ton of fun, so I hope all of you did as well.

Thanks to Jeff Hanson for organizing and promoting everything that came down this weekend. Thanks also to those who were a part of my small "coterie" and had major roles in making this a most successful and fun weekend for myself and, hopefully, everyone else: Ivan Pongracic, Dane Carter, PJ O'Connor, Todd Fortier, Brian Neal, Jonpaul Balak, Marie King, and Ran Mosessco. It was a lot of work and everyone's tired, but I think there were more than enough positive vibes this weekend to have made it successful for all.

Now, everyone go in peace and help spread the word. Next year's event is less than 12 months away.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Aug 09, 2017 12:09:23

Just got home and too tired to say much. Had a great time at all the shows. Thanks to all. First time but hope not the last.

Last edited: Aug 09, 2017 13:50:19

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next