Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The TomorrowMen 2017 European Tour

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

There were actually 4 new songs performed on this tour and all were magnificent! Two had been played quite a bit on Surf radio prior to the tour ("Rock My Liver" and "The Ballad Of Alf And Bonnie"), they absolutely knocked it out of the park with the Classical-inspired "Rococo Beach," and debuted a song written for and played ONLY on that tour, "Invader!"

Check out https://thetomorrowmen.bandcamp.com/ to download "Rock My Liver" and "The Ballad Of Alf And Bonnie."

Honestly, seeing them perform, sharing the stage with them and just having a chance to hang in Italy, The Netherlands and Germany with those guys were some of my favorite moments of the entire trip! Kiss

(Now's that's a happy man and his Schnitzel!!!)

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
This looks like a wonderful Schitzel! With sauce and onions. The background looks like a german "Gasthaus". Ah, yes, I can read "Kölsch" in the background, this is the cologne beer which tastes like water a bit.

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017 21:43:44

I'm hungry now

Jeff(bigtikidude)

There's another pic of Danny (in France) with a plate of food, and his face is a distinctly different color.

I'm sorry I missed the schnitzel in Germany, but I look forward to a plate of it at Alpine Village next week!

JONPAUL wrote:

(Now's that's a happy man and his Schnitzel!!!)

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017 17:33:27

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
This looks like a wonderful Schitzel! With sauce and onions. The background looks like a german "Gasthaus". Ah, yes, I can read "Kölsch" in the background, this is the cologne beer which tastes like water a bit.

SORRY RALF! I hit edit instead of quote and erased some of your post.

Danny, can you describe the taste of the Schnitzel please?

Hope you had even a real Wiener Schitzel somewhere, with potatoe salad and a slice of lemon?

This was in Koblenz, a beautiful town with some incredible scenery. We demanded schnitzel and we got it. The menu actually said "Schnitzel Parade!" We did walk around a bit looking for veal schnitzel which Ralf says is the best, but couldn't find any, so this is the pork. Didn't matter to me, it was delicious!!! The onion sauce was perfect, smokey and slightly sweet, sort of like mild bbq sauce. The schnitzel is similar to our chicken fried steak, though in this case it's pork.

As for the beer, I only drank the schwarzbier. None of that watered down Scheiße!

I didn't find any wiener schnitzel, I'm not even sure what that is.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Ah, you should have told me you were a Schnitzelfan! We have a excellent schnitzel restaurant in Venlo (we're close to the German border) called Schnitzel Paradies!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

My wife makes an excellent Pork Schnitzel, but because of Polish pride we have to call it Kotlet Schabowy.

Germans are basically polish people trying to pass as dutch.

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

I've heard that Austrian people are basically Northern Italians wanting to be German.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

But back to the food

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

But back to the food
Yeah, back to the food:
you should have stayed a bit in Cologne and try this amazing Kotelett (about 10 cm thick) together with some glasses of Kölsch

But back to the TomorrowMen. Here's a video of Rococo Beach played at Sonic Ballroom

Thanks for this great video! I'm happy you could come to the show!

UKAY54 wrote:

But back to the TomorrowMen. Here's a video of Rococo Beach played at Sonic Ballroom

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

UKAY54 wrote:

Very cool video - and a great song! Danny channeling his inner Baronic! Big Grin

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

That was a bunch of fun! Thumbs Up
(Mmmm, and Schnitzel is always a bonus.)

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Thanks for the video UKAY54, that was great!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Just getting caught up here... the Surfer Joe footage is amazing! Wow Tony has become a monster drummer! A great performance by all!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Goto Page: Previous 1 2