Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Drummer wanted: The Driptones surf band in Memphis, TN.

Page 1 of 1

Hey guys, The Driptones are looking for a drummer. We are an instrumental surf band that plays all the classics. We practice about once per week, and would love to eventually get some gigs in the future. We are all middle aged, clean cut guys. Please contact me if you know of anyone in the Memphis area, thanks.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

Last edited: Dec 07, 2017 09:24:41

Us too, we need a drummer.
Maybe we can share, lend/lease, LOL

Best of luck!

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Hey Crazy, great idea! Let's find a drummer in Jackson, TN or somewhere in between us so he can easily make the commute both ways. Laughing Good luck to you guys.

Wish I played drums. Ready to move back to Memphis 'cuz nothing is happening in Gulf Shores......

Enjoying the surf,sun and sand!!

Hey zzero, you're more than welcome to come jam with us sometime if you would like. Let me know if/when you come back to Memphis.

Will holler at you soon! Wish I had found ya'll 3 or 4 years ago!!

Enjoying the surf,sun and sand!!

I/we were not playing then. I just got back into guitar in 2014 after a 14 year hiatus. We started up the band last summer. Keep in touch.

Damn I like the band name.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Hey Badger, appreciate the compliment. I give full credit to our rhythm player, he is the one who came up with it. In fact, I just told him he received a compliment from you on the name. Cool

Still looking for a drummer. We had to change the name of our band (was previously the Provocateurs) due to another band already using that name. If anyone knows a drummer around the Memphis area, be sure to tell them the Driptones are looking!

Just curious. I wonder if anyone, not finding the right apple in the barrel, has ever gone to "the tree." Often pondered if there's a kid out there ("prodigy" for his/her age) who was bored by HS show choir backup and really wanted to smack those things. Maybe find a HS music director & ask if they know someone.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Not a bad idea, Badger. I appreciate the advice.

Bass player here (and guitarist, picking it up after years of only bass) in Memphis area and would love to play some surf. I know this doesn't help at all with your search for a drummer, but thought I would chime in just the same...

While I don't know any drummers myself I will ask around.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 08:03:37

I asked some around a bit and drummers are a rare breed in Memphis. One guy talked to said he was asked about a drummer several times this week so I guess this is a common issue?

Good luck finding one. I will continue to keep my eyes peeled. If you ever get one, would love to check you guys out.

Six string surfer, all the best luck finding a drummer. A good one really makes a huge difference to your sound...

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

benevan, thanks for the message. We would love for you to practice with us sometime. Would you be OK with playing some rhythm guitar along with bass? A lot of times the bass player can't make it because he works late the night we practice, so you could play bass on those nights. Please PM with your info. We have a really cool place to practice, and can get as loud or quiet as we want. Hi Breakaways, I still listen to that CD you sent me. You guys have a great sound!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017 12:21:43

Page 1 of 1