Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Robert and Linda from the Surf Raiders will be attending this year's Surf Guitar 101 Convention

Page 1 of 1

I would like to share some news. Linda and I will be attending the 10th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention being held at the Alpine Village in Torrance, California on August 4th - 6th. We will be there Friday, the 4th, from 6pm to 12 pm and on Saturday, the 5th, from 12pm till midnight. We will have a table and will be selling Surf Raiders items including Surfin’ Fever CDs, Surf Raiders buttons and the 3rd edition of my book Surfin’ Guitars Instrumental Surf Bands of the Sixties.
For this event only, if you pre-order Surfin’ Guitars your cost will be $55 and you can pick up your book at the show! Regular price of the book is $60 plus postage. To pre-order you may send a $55 check/money order to Robert Dalley 1312 W. 8780 S. West Jordan, UT 84088. Please be sure to include your personal information such as address and phone number, plus Email if possible. Also on the dates of the show a limited number of books will be available for $60.
If you have any edition of Surfin’ Guitars or any Surf Raiders memorabilia that you would like to have autographed feel free to bring them to the show and we will be happy to do so. We will be looking forward to seeing you and enjoying the shows. If you have any questions you may reach me at bob@dalley.org or 801-255-3116. Thank you,
Bob and Linda Dalley

Last edited: May 03, 2017 13:32:48

I will be very honored to have you attend Bob, I will order a book from you.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hello Bob and Linda,

you are looking great.
How´s about the ebook edition of your book?
I will never travel by plane again and so I won´t be able to get to the US or anywhere else, even the SJSF in Italy is out of reach for me now!!).
However I consider to download your new book ( you might remember that I bought your first edition nearly 30 years ago in 1988.)
Please tell me the adress where to download and buy your ebook.
I still have fond memories of meeting you in July 1987.
Ruediger Nehls
Germany

Hi Bob, glad you're coming. The Surf Raiders song Wave Walk'n was the first modern era surf song that caught my ear back in 1984 or so. I was randomly recording (on cassette of course!) a local college radio show and when I heard that song it really stood out. It was completely unique to anything else I was listening to at the time, and it has stuck with me over the years. Now that I'm immersed in surf music, I understand the song and all it's influences. But in 1984, my vast surf music knowledge was limited to Wipeout, DD's Hava Nagila, the Munsters theme and Agent Orange. Wave Walk'n opened a door for me that 20 years later I finally stepped through, and now I make my own surf records. Just goes to show you never know the impact of your music.

I'm glad you're coming to the convention, I really look forward to saying hello to you and Linda.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Have music & book (both HIGHLY recommended). Can't attend, but consider this a virtual hat-tip to you & Linda. Hope you have a great time.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'd love to buy this book and sent an email a while ago to Bob but got no reply. Any clues about how and where I could buy the latest edition?

here you go:

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/27276/?page=1#p369882

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: May 24, 2017 14:00:57

Only finding earlier editions on amazon, not the new one. Plus old copies are around 130 dollars.

Thanks for that. Can't get the link to hook up but will search the web and try finding a way

Seems to have disappeared through some black hole in the web as non of those links work for me. Aargh, it's making me want it all the more. I'm on an iPhone so maybe that's the problem

Here is a good link

https://www.createspace.com/5862474

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1