Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Warmoth Compound Radius Neck

Page 1 of 1

Has anyone tried the Warmoth compound radius neck? Any thoughts about it?

The Reverbivores - we're local favorites!

I've had one.
The fretboard radius is never something I'm super nit picky about, so I got along fine with it. It's designed to not buzz out with bends. Mine delivered on that.

I've had a few necks with it. They're nice if you can get along with flatter radius necks, which I personally enjoy. But if I were putting together a guitar with a more vintage feel in mind, I wouldn't get it. Even if you spend more time fretting at the 10" radius end of the neck, your picking hand will always be playing over a very flat curvature.

I've found that a 16" radius is just too flat for me.
Stewart MacDonald has a compound radius strat neck that goes from 9.5 -12".
Stewart MacDonald
I put one on a build I did and am happy with it.

TarantinosNYC
TarantinosNYC FB page
The WrayCyclers FB page
Rockaway Beach Surf Music Festival

Thanks for the feedback!

The Reverbivores - we're local favorites!

They play real nice but it's also important to remember that the bridge needs to be set correctly too. If the fretboard runs from 9" to 16" the radii at the bridge will need to be set even flatter for proper playability. That's what gets me, I don't like the feel at the bridge as much as I do a 7.25" or 9.5".

Just built a tele using this neck and I highy recommend it. I had no issues adjusting and the people at Warmoth were great t deal with.

Here's a photo of the Warmouth neck I received this week. It a Vintage Modern neck, the dots are turquoise. Next week this neck will be installed on my Surf Green 57 MIM Strat re-issue that I've had for years. I have an American Deluxe Strat with a compound radius neck that I like, so that’s why the Warmouth Vintage Modern. Unless you hear back otherwise I expect this upgrade to be perfect. My luthier agrees this will work fine.
More as I know it.
Davet

Rock
A Man from S.U.R.F.
http://menfromsurf.com

Post a picture when it's done. I like the turquoise dots.

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

Page 1 of 1