Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Best Harmonic Trem pedal?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

I went with the Vertigo Trem. To my ears, it easily sounds as good as the one on the Strymon Flint. Very quiet and smooth, with no perceivable tone loss either.

Kind thanks again to everyone for their input here!

Last edited: Feb 06, 2016 11:02:00

The Vertigo looks like a nifty piece of gear with many features. The stereo panning & phasing effect is attractive, and it sound like it's very hi-fi, like up to jazzbo standards. But does it really do mid-fi Brownface Harmonic Tremolo?

Squink Out!

JObeast wrote:

But does it really do mid-fi Brownface Harmonic Tremolo?

Sorry, I can't honestly say. I've never had the opportunity to hear a brownface in person to compare it to. I will say, however, it sounds almost identical to the Torquays example I posted above, and that's with all knobs at about 12 o'clock.

Last edited: Feb 06, 2016 17:05:47

I don't know what a harmonic trem is, but I'm surprised none of you have suggested an EA trem clone. It has probably THE best preamp I've ever heard, is basically a vintage circuit, and I know you guys love those...

b.y.o.c. website says:
" It's a great vintage sounding trem like you would find on an old Blackface Fender Amp."
Harmonic Tremolo is the Brownface Fender sound where the musical signal's lo & hi frequencies are separated from each other and their amplitude is modulated 180º out-of-phase, so when hi is up, lo is down, and vice versa.
BF opto-coupler tremolo is simply a softened on/off pulse of the entire wave.

Squink Out!

Interesting.

I'm doing a bunch of videos on my YouTube channel comparing a bunch of Harmonic Tremolos (Other types as well) Below are links to just a couple of the Harmonic Comparisons I've done, but there are a lot more demos of Tremolo (individual and comparisons) on the channel, so if interested feel free to check out those.

More comparisons of this type and other types to come.

Tri Pedal Reviews

Last edited: May 19, 2017 05:32:33

Goto Page: Previous 1 2