Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Blonde CPC-80 by Carl’s Custom Amps - Bassman Clone - 80 watt version

Page 1 of 1

Brownface Fender Bassman Clone - Blonde CPC-80 by Carl’s Custom Amps - Hand-wired 80 watt version

This amp is Carl Carrasco’s handwired version of a brownface Fender Bassman - only a higher wattage version. I had it built as an 80w (4x6L6) version with a 8/16 ohm switch, and a PPIMV (post phase inverter master volume) - which kind of acts like an attenuator. I bought it as a chassis only and put it in a Marty Warren (speakercab.com) cabinet enclosure. I had it built last year because I couldn't find an affordable brownface Showman or clone; but I recently found one, so I’m letting this amp go. I only practiced with it a handful of times and never gigged with it. It sounds nice and rich, kind of growly like a brownface should, and it’s pretty touch-sensitive, which I like. The big power section is loud - keeps up with a Twin/Showman easily. I did have one of the screen resisters replaced because one of my power tubes was bad and fried it - the work was done by Mike Franceshini (Classic Amp Repair in North Hollywood) - he’s good.

I’m looking for $1200 shipped.

Here’s a link to Carl’s webpage with some clips of this series. I’ll paste some info from the page below, too.

http://carlscustomamps.com/blonde-20w-40w-and-80w/

Blonde Series Amps 20W, 40W, and 80W Heads, and 1X12 20W Combo

In the early 60's Fender was producing it's Brownface and Blonde amps. Among them was the Blonde Bassman which is one of the best amps Fender ever produced.  My blonde series is based on the instrument channel of the 1964 Blonde Bassman.  The Blonde Series amps have the sparkle of the later Blackface amps but have a warmer mid range and respond beautifully to boosts, overdrive and distortion.  Numerous improvements to the power section, small tweaks and layout corrections make my Blonde series exceed the originals while capturing the 60's clean so many players are looking for. It's a great pedal platform. The bass and treble knobs are especially effective on these amps.

Features:

All Tube Handwired Circuit

High and Low Inputs

Power and Standby Switches

8 Ohm and Extension Speaker Outs

Volume, Bass, Treble, Presence, Depth and Speed Controls

Solid State Rectifier for Punchy low end

Working Chassis, Heads and Combo Parts:
Classic Tone Transformers, Malory 150 Tone Caps, Alpha Pots,Special Resistor Selection for the lowest noise and best tone, JJ's, F&T, Panasonic, and Sprauge Atom Electrolytic Caps, Carling Switches, Neutrik jacks, JJ's Tubes,Highest Quality Tube Sockets,

Page 1 of 1