Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Introductions! New Members Post Here

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 234 35 36 37 3855 56 Next

Noel wrote:

Hi, James. Welcome to sg101. Very glad you're here.

Thanks Noel a pleasure to be here, I find myself constantly browsing different threads theres some great stuff on here

James_Violet wrote:

Noel wrote:

Thanks Noel a pleasure to be here, I find myself constantly browsing different threads theres some great stuff on here

Yes, because of who is here. SG101 is like an oasis of nice people who share a love for the excellent, joyful music that is Surf. Wait... did I just make it sound like Disneyland? Big Grin

SG101!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Noel wrote:

James_Violet wrote:

Noel wrote:

Yes, because of who is here. SG101 is like an oasis of nice people who share a love for the excellent, joyful music that is Surf. Wait... did I just make it sound like Disneyland? Big Grin

SG101!

James, welcome to SG101!

Noel, what's wrong with Disneyland?
especially Disneyland for Surf Music! LOL

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

New member here, as of just now.

I've been a longtime lurker and wanted to come aboard and thank the community whose collective knowledge (not to mention participation by actual surf masters!) has enriched my otherwise solo appreciation of surf music.

Thanks for showing me that it's just inevitable that I need a real reverb tank, and for pointing the way to songs I'd never heard before - so many of which have became obsessions. An example would be "Ali Baba" by Dave And The Customs.

Anyway, before I go off on my usual tangents, I'll leave it at "happy to be here" and "this forum rules."

Welcome home.

Happy Sunsets!

CrazyAces wrote:

Noel wrote:

James_Violet wrote:

Noel wrote:

SG101!

James, welcome to SG101!

Noel, what's wrong with Disneyland?
especially Disneyland for Surf Music! LOL

Cheers,
Jeff

Hi Jeff and a big thanks Cool

Noel wrote:

James_Violet wrote:

Noel wrote:

SG101!
Yeah its definitely a haven Noel for all things surf

Welcome to SG101, Tangentor_7! Very glad you're here.

Hi! I'm Bri and I am SO glad I found this forum!! I'm really new to playing SG but I've been listening for about a year or so (I'm 18! Basically a baby hahahaha). I'm trying to learn as much as I can and just by going through the forum threads I've already learned a lot! If you guys have any recommendations about gear (especially pedals and amps) please shoot me a message!! Thank you!! Smile

Welcome aboard Bri. We love to help newbies like yourself. Once you start building up a list of questions, just fire away. In case you haven't found it yet, there's 24/7 streaming surf music on North Sea Surf Radio, with lots of special DJ shows. And my personal favorite Fiberglass Jungle on Saturdays 2-4 PST with Jonpaul, it's archived as well.

Whereabouts do you live?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Welcome home Bri. If you have a question just post it and you'll get answers, advice and opinions.

Happy Sunsets!

Welcome to sg101, Bri! Very glad you're here.

DannySnyder wrote:

Welcome aboard Bri. We love to help newbies like yourself. Once you start building up a list of questions, just fire away. In case you haven't found it yet, there's 24/7 streaming surf music on North Sea Surf Radio, with lots of special DJ shows. And my personal favorite Fiberglass Jungle on Saturdays 2-4 PST with Jonpaul, it's archived as well.

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm from southwest Ohio! And thank you very much for the warm welcome!

brischneider14 wrote:

DannySnyder wrote:

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm from southwest Ohio! And thank you very much for the warm welcome!

Then you really have to come to the PERSISTENCE OF SURF MUSIC shows in Cincinnati at the Urban Artifact. Here are links to the last two. I believe there's another one in the works for April.

Persistence of Surf V3

Persistence of Surf V2

Sorry. I didn't realize I was supposed to check in here, so I've already been posting in the normal part of the forum. I'm Patrick, and I live near Cooperstown, NY. My tastes in music lean towards the surf/spaghetti western/psychedelic. I mostly play pedal steel guitar and baritone guitar. I like atypical guitars and Silverface amps.

Not a requirement to "check in" but a convenience for many.
Welcome! Steel & baritone & atypical guitars - diversity through strings.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Welcome to sg101, Patrick! Very glad you're here.

Greetings Dudes and Dudettes!

I'm known in some circles as Pablo Mago so it's my common internet handle. While my birth name was Paul Michael Honeycutt, I'm also known as Aesop Waldo Firehead and Bike Lane Pablo (after Fast Lane Pablo lost his license). I've been a guitarist since 1966, growing up in the SF Bay Area. As children we'd play Beach Boy and Jan & Dean records and hold golf clubs and tennis rackets and pretend to play (except me who had a real Slingerland snare drum left behind by an older brother. Not that I ever got good with it).

While I've played a surf tune or two, and even wrote one, it wasn't until a few days ago that the surf guitar bug bit. I think I had a dream that I was playing surf guitar and the next day I felt called to start a band. I called my regular bass player and he was trying to decide if he should play bass or keyboards in a surf band. Oooh, scary, Kids! Somethin' cosmic's going on!

So we're starting the process. I have a bunch of tunes and songs to learn since I think vocals are part of the surf guitar world. We'll probably just add some surf songs to the regular band's set list and break it off into a separate thing when we get enough material for a gig.

As far as influences, it's all of the '60's bands plus all the new bands I'm discovering every day as I take this journey through the world of reverb drenched twangy guitars. My buds, The Royal Aces down in Denver never fail to please and inspire. I want to be something like them when I grow up.

So a big hello to all of you on this twisted path of music, sun, big waves and everything else that's a part of this. I hope to learn lots and contribute what I can.

Peace, love and big waves!

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

Welcome to sg101, Pablomago! Very glad you're here. You're right; there were and are surf vocal songs. But these days the vast majority of surf music is instrumental. Have as much fun with it as you can!

Hi everybody! My name is Matt and I'm from Tampa, FL. Just signed up a few days ago. I'm normally a blues player but a gnarly wave must have hit me and I've caught the surf bug! I caught a similar bug after seeing Dick Dale live for the first time a couple years ago but I ended up just putting surf music on the back burner to concentrate more on my blues roots.

A series of events has put me back in full on surf mode and although I will always continue to play blues rock, I'm ready to really focus on surf music just as much. Glad to come aboard and I hope to learn a lot here and contribute to the forums.

Goto Page: Previous 1 234 35 36 37 3855 56 Next