Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink SG101 v3.0 new site design

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

That home page is stellar. Thumbs Up

Also, general net search of the words "surf guitar" gets here as the #2 hit (after the chopped-up-and-lacking wikipedia thing that's always forced to the top).

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016 06:37:31

Kudos to Brian for the new design and smart phone compatibility! Cheers

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

I think I have links, downloads, and the forums left. Forums will be a big lift, but I sure look forward to not having to scroll on my phone.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Not having a smart phone I guess makes me not so smart. Everything looks kinda goofy now that the whole 'table' thing has been replaced (on my pc). As they say- that's show biz.

On a lighter note; Clowns.

Da Vinci Flinglestein,
The quest for the Tone, the tone of the Quest

The Syndicate of Surf on YouTube

http://www.syndicateofsurf.com/

http://sharawaji.com/

http://surfrockradio.com/

Just found the new front page from my phone. I like it.

Los Fantasticos

I like it too. After so many years the photo slide show looks a little dreary, maybe it's time to give other bands some limelight, some extra quality to show them off as first class surf bands rather than (quote) beer sales people:)

Thanks.

Yeah, the slideshow thing suffers from the photo of the day problem: no one sends me any photos. I can go out and look for some, but I have better things to do most of the time. I was thinking that I could reuse some photo of the day photos for the slideshow. And then ramp up my efforts to get people to submit photos for photo of the day....?

Anyway, this is an all volunteer operation. If you see something that would help improve or freshen up the site, and you have the free time, please consider helping out! Whether that is writing a review or show report, sending in a photo, posting an interesting forum topic, uploading a backing track, adding a show to the calendar, etc.

It was jist a wee suggestion Ah wasnae askin' ye tae tak' it tae th' hoose ay lords! Smile

I like the improvements. And I am guilty of not submitting many photos, so I will get on that too. I think the photo I submitted years ago is a beer sales photo...

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016 09:02:41

I keep trying to think of better, less hands-on ways to handle the Picture of the Day/Slideshow thing and I'm coming up with nothing... but maybe just a link underneath the picture on the homepage to submit? It never really occurs to me to send them in (not that I have many), so maybe just a little more visibility would help.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016 09:23:55

crumble wrote:

It was jist a wee suggestion Ah wasnae askin' ye tae tak' it tae th' hoose ay lords! Smile

Sorry, I didn't mean to single you out or anything. Just a reminder this is a community project.

The V3 design is by no means finished. The first order of business is to get it cut over to the new framework for a better mobile experience. So the home page largely looks and is structured the same as before, it just behaves better on smaller devices now. After all the parts of the site have been converted I'll likely have someone with visual design experience spiff it up.

Web links have now been converted. I think that leaves downloads and then.... the forums!

Brian wrote:

Web links have now been converted. I think that leaves downloads and then.... the forums!

No smartphone here, just a refuses-to-be-killed MILSPEC flip-phone. My computer (on which I do other work also) is upstairs so I have a suspicion that I'm really going to appreciate this stuff when I acquire my lie-in-the-chair finger-swiping-thing they call a tablet for routine stuff.

Thanks for all you're doing Brian.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Downloads are converted. Let me know of you see something that doesn't work there.

I believe that leaves the forums... (rolls up sleeves).

Now that the holidays are over, I'm going to start on the forums. You may have noticed that the new text box for comments doesn't have any "smilies" yet. I haven't come up with a mobile friendly way to show those yet. These days we have emoji and you can get emoji keyboards for desktop browsers as browser add-ons. Mobile usually has them already. So I think I know the answer to this already, but I have to ask: would you be sad if the existing smilies went away?

The other thing is the shoutbox... there has been some resurgence in use. I'll probably leave it off the mobile version of the site since its not a good fit for phones & tablets. But would you be sad if it went away altogether? Again, I think I know the answer, but just checking.

Idnnuo... Mobile emojis prolly cover 80% but it'd be unfortunate to lose some of the classics:

Dead Reverb Groovy Guitar SG101!

On the up side, there are lots of new opportunities for humor and entertainment, such as

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Oh, and despite the recent resurgence, 1 vote for retire the shout box all together. —

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Doh! My mobile emojis were there until I reload the page. Guess that part of the code isn't in place yet.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Fady wrote:

Doh! My mobile emojis were there until I reload the page. Guess that part of the code isn't in place yet.

Emojis are just unicode, so it "should" work. I think I've seen other people post them before.

Emoji test...

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next