Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Jeff Senn/Eastwood Guitar Now Taking Orders

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

It seems there are some Eastwood Senn Model One guitars available for direct purchase from Eastwood. Go here.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

The replacement pickups arrived (how's 24 hours for customer service?).

Interestingly, just measuring the new ones, they are nearly identical at 6.93K and 7.07K (vs. 13K in the current bridge); 'bout what you'd expect single-coils to be. Will crack the guitar when the Surf 90's get here - there must be some component tied in with the pots that is causing that bridge to be ohm-out so dark simply when read at the jack, unless the current one is simply an anomaly. More to follow...

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Giged mine Wednesday . Direct into AC 15. I close my eyes and it's my long lost 68 tele. Squeals with delight. Light weight and easy playing out of the box. Admired by all that touched it

http://www.reverbnation.com/thegreasemonkeyz

Greg, glad you're really enjoying it. Really enjoying mine now that I got the correct pickups on. It's what it was meant to sound like. Don't know what they put on originally but the bridge was horrid. These are what Vintage Voiced Single Coils are supposed to sound like and, agree, it's almost like having Tele-ness in the hand. Very sweet.

I happened to have laying around Fender's import version of a tune-o-matic bridge and it's a drop in on this guitar if someone doesn't care for the roller, or doesn't want to get the un-slotted one from Allparts. Fender PN is 0076230000. Seems to also mitigate some of the radius issues between the fairly flat fingerboard and the roller.

Enjoying it immensely now, so it'll be next string change before I manage to get the GFS Surf 90's on for a test drive, but that's next up.
Have fun!
Cool

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Purchased a Musicians Gear MGMEG abs plastic case for my JEFF SENN. It arrived today and it is a very nice case for $80/shipped. The guitar fits fine in width and length and should be some good travel protection . It may need a foam shim to accommodate the narrower width ( think it was a jaguar case) but for most purposes not necessary. There is a Velcro padded strap that further secures the neck of the guitar. I believe I made a good choice. —

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

Ok... so here's my Jeff Senn Model One after having it set up. It plays and sounds wonderful. I'm glad I got the red. Jeff - any more models on the horizon?

CUTBACK

I've been on vacation, celebrating our wedding anniversary for two weeks and offline so I'm really stoked to come back and see that these guitars are being enjoyed and also whipped into shape.
I love the pictures, keep them coming!
We've been in the loop with Eastwood on any concerns or issues and it's great to see how expediently they've been handling any customer service issues.
Surfgitar - yes, stay tuned. We have more planned. Some variations and some brand new designs.

You are all so amazing for supporting this venture!
Thank you all.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

CrazyAces wrote:

Surfgitar - yes, stay tuned. We have more planned. Some variations...

Well, when ya can't cut grass there's always shoveling snow. Face Palm

Cool

Wes

What up, SG101!

I just got my Eastwood Model One back from my guitar tech and I wanted to give some impressions and solicit some advice from y'all.

I received the Model One a couple of weeks ago in Surf Green. I just love the look and feel! The scale length is just perfect for me. My guitar tech put on 12s and filed the nut and perfected the action and now the guitar plays great. I love the simple pickup switching. I am generally happy with my Model One and I'm glad I bought it.

I like Eastwood's catalog - this is the second instrument I've gotten from Eastwood - but their quality control is not great. For instance, a number of screws were loose when I got the guitar, the bridge pickup wobbled and there is a visible small gap between the neck pickup pocket and the neck.

The tremolo system seems to work well in comparison to my Jaguar, but I am not thrilled with the angle of the tremolo arm - it sticks up much higher than my Jag - apparently the only adjustment available is to bend the arm. I suppose I may do that - it is a little awkward switching between the Jag and the Model One but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

And if anyone has advice on these two trem arm issues I am facing - neither issue pertains to my Jaguar.

1. The arm is very floppy - I try to push it in good, but after a few dive bombs, it flops right down.

2. Worse - as it flops, it squeaks.

So, with a few minor caveats, I would declare the Model One a winner! Would buy again, would recommend to a friend, would Like on FB!

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys might have!

Jonathan

Jonathan the Reverbivore

The Reverbivores

Please check out our latest album The Reverbivores Watch TV!

www.thereverbivores.com
Facebook
YouTube

h3dg3h0g wrote:

The tremolo system seems to work well in comparison to my Jaguar, but I am not thrilled with the angle of the tremolo arm - it sticks up much higher than my Jag - apparently the only adjustment available is to bend the arm. I suppose I may do that - it is a little awkward switching between the Jag and the Model One but I suppose it's a matter of taste.

And if anyone has advice on these two trem arm issues I am facing - neither issue pertains to my Jaguar.

1. The arm is very floppy - I try to push it in good, but after a few dive bombs, it flops right down.

2. Worse - as it flops, it squeaks.

Upon removing the vibrato unit (DON'T remove the center tension adjustment screw) from the body you should see the 4-pronged (if I recall correctly) collet that the arm pushes down in to. You can SLIGHTLY tighten this with a simple squeeze (EASY, a little goes a long way) with some needle-nosed pliers. The arm should stay more secure & in the position you want when you push it in. Really, go easy on tightening that collet. A thin film of some type of grease or something if you must should eliminate any squeaking.

Once you have that arm sitting where you want, then it (like other vibrato arms) can be [carefully] bent to the angle above the body to suit you. Take time, visualize the bend (even make a Sharpie mark) it will take to get it WHERE you want it off the body. Again, easy does it - this is standard twang-bar stuff. Center screw in the assembly takes care of tension - clockwise=more, CCW=less.
Good luck.

Wes

There appears to be a lot to like about this guitar, especially at that price point. One thing does bother me (and I know there are many who would not consider this a big deal): it appears you have to remove the neck to adjust the truss rod. Adjustment at the headstock or a Music Man style adjustment wheel at the fretboard extension would make sense IMO....but again, for others no big deal, for me a PITA and probably would keep me away. Ironically, it appears that the Eastwood Senn that RJ Roquillo is playing in the demo video actually has a truss rod access at the nut/headstock.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017 14:01:20

Surfadelphia,
Glad you like the guitar.
Good point about the truss rod location.
In fact, the guitar was originally designed with a headstock located adjust and the prototype was built this way but for some reason the company doing the manufacturing for Eastwood in China will change specs at will.
It's quite aggravating and is something we are working with them on solving.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Great to know something is in the works to solve the truss rod access issue. Other than that, the guitar really checks off a lot of boxes for me.
It's really a very nice example of attractive but very functional aesthetics.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9