Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Phantom Four US West Coast with John Blair starts this weekend!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Twenty three years after the first live appearance of The Treble Spankers and nearly twelve years after the first gigs of The Phantom Four, Phantom Frank will finally hit US soil for the first time in his surf music career. Together with original The Phantom Four members Marc de Regt (bass) and Niels Jansen (drums) he has forged an alliance with surf revival instigator John Blair of Jon & The Nightriders fame. The band that will tour under the banner "The Phantom Four feat. John Blair" will play a greatest hits tour with classic material by The Phantom Four, Jon & The Nightriders, The Treble Spankers and Phantom Frank.

For over two decades surf music fans in the US have been pledging Phantom Frank to cross the Atlantic, first with The Treble Spankers and later with The Phantom Four. Finally their calls have been heard and they will be able to witness hits like "Red Hot Navigator", "Ramgaya", "Dead Man Surfin´", "Dilmohammed" and "Morgana" live for the first time. Combined with Jon & The Nightriders classics like "Rumble at Waikiki", "Depth Charge" and "Moving Target" it is safe to say that this is the most anticipated tour of the year. The quartet will play a string of shows spread out over a period of two weeks in August along the West Coast. The dates will be announced gradually as they come along.

"I've been a fan of the band ever since "Araban" by their earlier incarnation, The Treble Spankers way back in 1994, and was blown away when I saw The Phantom Four live for the first time in 2011. I was so impressed with their more recent recording of "Ramgaya" that I've started to cover the tune in my own live performances these days. I'm honored and greatly looking forward to joining this amazing band on their first trek to the West Coast. For surf music and guitar instrumental fans alike, these shows will be something very special and not to be missed." - John Blair

"The classic album `Live At The Whiskey´ by Jon & The Nightriders sparked my interest for surf music years ago. When I saw John Blair live at Surf-O-Rama festival in Valencia in 2014 I was blown away by his sheer energy and enthusiasm on stage. We met and instantly got along great. When I found out John had been covering "Ramgaya" live on stage I was humbled. Having him join us on our first shows on American soil is an absolute honour and finally meeting with my US fans is something I deeply look forward to." - Phantom Frank

"When hanging out backstage with John and my friends of Fifty Foot Combo at Surf-O-Rama in 2014, John and I spoke of bringing him to Europe and touring together some day. In 2015 we met again at the Surfer Joe Summer Festival and together with Ivan Pongracic, Jonpaul Balak and Dane Carter he blew me away by playing "Ramgaya" as a dedication to me and my work for North Sea Surf Radio. I am thrilled to be touring with this surf legend which happens to be a very nice guy as well. My only fear is that I will not be able to do the same amazing job on the Jon & The Nightriders tracks that Eugeni Camacho (Els A Phonics) and Dane Carter (The Madeira) did, let along my hero and friend Dusty Watson." - Niels Jansen

To stay up to date on news regarding this tour attend the facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/762627427205306/

The band is open to any suggestions and offers for shows on the West Coast of the US.
For booking inquiries please contact Niels Jansen at northseasurf@gmail.com.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Aug 02, 2016 19:42:06

Sooooooooo Cooooooooool! A match made in surf heaven.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Amazing!!!!

Yes

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Damn!

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Very exciting news!

The Scimitars

Come to Seattle! Yes

Skins for The Delstroyers

Wow! And the icing on the cake: a European tour with John?

Need a photographer to document this epic tour? Big Grin

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

Last edited: Apr 07, 2016 01:57:20

First confirmed show has been announced: Surf Guitar 101 Convention, the biggest surf music event in the USA! Playing together with our friends of Messer Chups and Bradipos IV a.o. We are highly looking forward to this, especially the unique The Space Cossacks and Halibuts reunion shows!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

Thanks for all your raving responses people, it makes us feel very wanted Smile

@arny who knows... time will tell

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

I can't miss this! And I won't. See you at the SG101 Convention.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

I'm very stoked to finally be able to see the Phantom Four!

Plus you're playing with the mighty John Blair!! How cool is that?!?!?!

Amazing! We are all so stoked! Guitar

The Phantom Four are one of my very favorite bands, and a huge influence on me personally as a songwriter and performer. To be able to play a show with them and then see them play several times is a dream come true. Thanks to everyone who made this possible!!!!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A couple o' Facebook events related to this nice Southwestern tour. Forgive the shameless promotion; we are totally jazzed to be playing with these guys!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1012395925481004/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1752043168398231/

SSIV

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016 23:47:45

Thanks for Helping Trey!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BEAUTIFUL poster art, Trey!!!

LHR wrote:

A couple o' Facebook events related to this nice Southwestern tour. Forgive the shameless promotion; we are totally jazzed to be playing with these guys!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1012395925481004/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1752043168398231/

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Thanks! I have long admired your design work as well. Years ago, it was what got me thinking, "Hey, that's cool. I wanna do that!" Don't even get me started on the sublime guitar playing...

SSIV

Just in:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next