Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear SurfyTrem

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Makes sense to build out the tremolo whereas the reverb is more complicated electro-mechanical affair.
If guitar magazines etc. find out how great Bjørn's devices are, he may find a wider market. I talk up Surfy Bear to rechs and musicians all the time.

Squink Out!

Looks like it is sold out Cry . Hope they make some more available, would love to purchase one.

Just wondering if anyone who actually attended Surfer Joe got to try one of these out (if not distracted by all the great bands & other amenities).

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Badger, they had a seminar and explained and demoed it. The report on NSSR was short but those interviewed were very impressed by it. I didn't listen to NSSR continuously as I had KFJC going also so I don't know if the seminar was broadcast.

Thanks, same boat here. I was flip-flopping between KFJC and NSSR.
Well, after Lorenzo gets some sleep & gets these shipped out I guess I'll know firsthand. We'll see but I have quite a bit of faith in Bjorn's skills.

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Sold out? How long to get back in stock?

WaimeaBay wrote:

Sold out? How long to get back in stock?

I think Bjorn will answer that when he catches up on his sleep. Laughing

The ones Lorenzo had at thru his store were custom-logo'd limited quantity kinda thing. At some point IIRC Bjorn will go into regular production; don't if kit-build or ready to rock. Glad I snagged one of Lorenzo's.

Wes

Hi, sorry for the late reply! (still tired after the festival)
First, I would like to thank SanchoPansen for his invaluable help during the design process of the SurfyTrem and also for recording such a great demo!
I am glad there was a lot of interest at the presentation at SJSF2016 Cool And its been a real pleasure to cooperate with Lorenzo and I look forward to continue do so. (Lorenzo designed this Surfer Joe model!)

Its been a fun project and I hope the people that bought the pedal will be really happy with it! If they have any trouble, I think they know they can always contact me Smile

Unfortunately, it will take some time to get more pedals ready. I need more parts and a new screen print. Hopefully I will also manage to find a local company that can do enclosures...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016 16:30:46

I am confident that in a few weeks when mine arrives, I will say: "He did it again!"
It seems to take all of us to make this great. The bands, the promoters, the players, the fans. Everyone seems to have a part. I would have not bought a tube reverb but I have 2 Surfybear units. Smile Thank you Bjorn!
Big Grin

bjoish wrote:

Unfortunately, it will take some time to get more pedals ready. I need more parts and a new screen print. Hopefully I will also manage to find a local company that can do enclosures...

That dang logistics thing... Sigh

Good luck with sourcing your stuff. I have a feeling I'll be glad I snagged one & there's this funny vacant spot on the pedal board waiting.
Cool

Pretty neat nowadays. If someone wasn't wedded to tubes they could grab a Quilter, a cab, Surfy Bear reverb & trem and travel relatively light.

Wes

Are there going to be kits available? I'm holding off building my last Surfy bear Reverb kit in hopes of combining it with a tremolo kit!

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

I forgot DreadInBabylon, sorry Ariel.
Thanks for the comments on the early prototypes and graphics!

Without the nice people in this community this project would not have been possible! Smile

Badger wrote:

If someone wasn't wedded to tubes they could grab a Quilter, a cab, Surfy Bear reverb & trem and travel relatively light.

I've been gathering the parts together to do this very thing Cool Stay tuned....

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

He did it again!
People, this circuit ROCKS.

Thanks Björn! I'm happy to be part of this project. Along with SanchoPansen,
I was honored to have also been able to provide early input on application and sound design.

It nails both the Brownface and Blackface, IMHO. Your search is over.
Luscious, natural feeling, really amp-like reaction.

My recording situation is abysmal, but I managed to come up with... something. Apologies to Madeira... Uh-Oh
Refer to SanchoPansen's beautiful demo for a more accurate representation.

The video showcases my suggested design for a Hammond 590B enclosure.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016 11:48:45

Holy mouth full of sea water, is that enclosure GORGEOUS!
Jeez, I might need a 2nd enclosure!
ROTFL

Wes

Wow wow, beautiful !!!!

Not surf but you might like it:
http://donbale.bandcamp.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA0g6Sn3e9FULMN0owd9YGw
https://soundcloud.com/fatalamanga

Can someone tell us the price?
The store says they can be ordered, but has no way to do so.
Thanks.

Guys, as anticipated at the presentation of the SurfyTrem we will start a business me and Bjorn to co-operate in the production and distribution of Bjorn's pedals.
I say "pedals" because we will redesign the SurfyBear also to make it a proper product, in a sellable enclosure like the SurfyTrem.

We cannot give timing at present and we cannot tell when SurfyTrem will be back available in regular stock. It will probably take some time.

We are already working on some developments of these first 17 units produced, no changes in the sound or the boards, but just mainly in the look. The limited Surfer Joe custom designed pedals are unique. So if you have been fast enough to get one... keep it! They will not come anymore! Also they have been - sorry to say - cheaper than what the future stock product will be.

We will release some more information very soon, but the purpose is absolutely to have products available asap, we don't like to keep you waiting!

The 2 products we will stock will be:
- SurfyBear
- SurfyTrem

ANY INPUT YOU WANT TO GIVE is always kept in high consideration. So continue writing your ideas and suggestions whenever you want.

You are able to refer to Bjorn as usual or even to me (info@surferjoemusic.com) for anything, and we will handle your requests. Very soon there will be a proper web site and information links and contacts.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

duncanjames wrote:

For those who were wondering, I emailed Björn the other day about a kit version. They should be available in a matter of weeks, but the Surfer Joe pedals take precedence.

Not sure about this my friend. We are still evaluating the possibility of continue selling kits only. Also for the SurfyBear. Although it is fun for most of you to build their own reverb or trem, the largest request is for finished products. We will provide also proper warranty and with the kits this is honestly difficult. Quite some people has bought the kit and did not know how to put it together Smile so we have to be realistic...

Anyway, everything is possible...

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

surferjoemusic wrote:

Guys, as anticipated at the presentation of the SurfyTrem we will start a business me and Bjorn to co-operate in the production and distribution of Bjorn's pedals.

This.Is.Cool!

RE input on Surfy Trem, Ariel's approach to the graphics would not be a bad place to start. I'll keep my original Surfer Joe version when it gets here because I don't own a pedal for how it looks & the Surfer Joe version nicely celebrates a really cool event.

Congrats on the partnership thing!
Cheers

Wes

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next