Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink The Surfy Bear SurfyTrem

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

Hey folks,

Lorenzo already dropped the bomb, but before that Björn had a lot of work with his new pedal. I had the honor to help Björn as much as I could. Not from the tech side (heck, I'm glad in can plug in my power cord), but from the side of a guitar player.
There aren't enough words to tell you how great this pedal is and so I decided to do what I always do...I made a demo. So everybody who's still on the fence, here's your chance to get a first impression before placing your order at the Surfer Joe store.
More technical info can be found at Björn's blog.
And here's the demo, hope you enjoy it:
Click here

The Hicadoolas

The pedal sounds GREAT! Also, Kilian, your playing is fantastic! REALLY nice feel and touch, I truly enjoyed that.

Hmmmmmm......

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Sounds absolutely amazing, as I expected it would! Thank you Kilian for the prototype testing and terrific demo. Bjorn is a true genius.

I'd been eagerly awaiting news on the project and ordered mine immediately when I found out about it, thinking the same thing as wfoguy in the other thread- " If it's as good as the Surfy bear, how can you go wrong?????"
Worship

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016 18:48:32

Wow, that's a damn fine demo. Solid info, cool tune and playing.

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Great demo! Thanks, Killian! I'm really looking forward to getting mine and putting it through it's paces!

Awesome demo!

Like Bill (Remora1), I ordered one right away as well. BTD or JP is going to bring it back from Italy for me (thanks brothas!) and I absolutely can't wait to get it.

Like I mentioned in the tremolo thread, I like tremolo almost as much as I like reverb. It's seriously one of my favorite sounds. I have a SupaTrem and I do love it, but it takes up half of my tiny pedal board. This pedal will free up enough space for an additional pedal on my board, and I like the brown/black option on the SurfyTrem. Cant wait to try it!!!

This is a pretty amazing demo Kilian! Thanks for sharing it.

Is Bjorn going to offer these as a kit too?

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Wooooooo Hooooo!

Moon over Manakmora, Wheels AND the new Surfy Bear Trem unit! Oh boy was THAT great!

Thanks, (big time)

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

I hate spell check.

Manakoora!!!!!!

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Really nice sounding pedal at an astounding price! I didn't check shipping cost to the USA. Is there any chance of a stateside distributor or is that unnecessary? I would imagine if a few high profile shops carried them they would attract attention.
If this pedal was available in February I might not have bought my current rig, a 1961 Bandmaster... Not that I regret it but €99 + shipping is within most players' immediate reach, while the Bandmaster required serious sacrifice, mostly motivated by the quest for that harmonic tremolo.

Squink Out!

Just ordered one!

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

I've got some space left in my Surfy Bear to place an extra PCB, but will the trem be available as a kit? Björn? (pleeeease?....) Smile

Kilian, thanks so much for the alert back when the proto testing was a glimmer on the horizon. Been waiting for this.
Lovely demo by the way. There's now one less of these at Lorenzo's store. This will put my Tremulator on the back-up grab board.

Have fun! Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016 06:34:42

Bump that! I've got beaucoup space in my Craftsman toolbox enclosure.
The pedal is a sweet package, but us solderers need something to do with our hot irons.

Gilette wrote:

I've got some space left in my Surfy Bear to place an extra PCB, but will the trem be available as a kit? Björn? (pleeeease?....) Smile

Squink Out!

Great demo, to a great pedal, thanks Björn & Kilian!
Ran

The Scimitars

JOBeast, I thought the same thing. Then I remembered how much I spent doing the whole thing and changed my mind. I'm not one for special editions but I'm sure this will be a purchase I won't regret. Your results may vary. Smile

I would not be surprised at all to see this as a kit.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Order placed. I'd also get the kit when/if it's available.

For those who were wondering, I emailed Björn the other day about a kit version. They should be available in a matter of weeks, but the Surfer Joe pedals take precedence.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016 22:07:56

Wfoguy, same here: I could fit it in my SB, but if it's a similar price like the SB kit, But for me at the moment, 30 bucks saved don't justify the effort and time (=> ordered). If there was only the kit like with the SB: different story.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next