Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Anyway?

Page 1 of 1

Is there any way for on the homepage where it shows the most recently posted in threads to have links to the page numbers? I ask only because it would make my life slightly faster. Thanks.

I'll look into it!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Suggestion 2: Is there anyway to get posters to use more descriptive subject lines? Wink

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Doesn't the check out the forum block serve this purpose?
Well, at least the 10 latest threads with activity.

I usually will go straight to the forums home page. Check which icons show new activity. Some forums I will look at the subjects. If they don't look interesting, I will hit "Mark all threads read" and move on to the next forum of interest.

Brian has done a good job on setting up this forum for functionality and usability. But, the visitors of forums have to figure out their own methods to get the info they want quickly and efficiently.

Jake wants to go to the latest message in the thread, not the beginning of the thread, from the block on the front page. I'm not sure about that now. Maybe I'll provide an icon to go to the latest message but have the main link go to the first message in the thread.

Danny...! Yes, people should definitely make more descriptive thread titles. This thread is an example of that...Think about how users are going to search for your thread in the future. A month from now if I am browsing through the forums, I am probably not going to click on a thread called "Holy Jesus" or "Anyway" since I have no idea what they are all about. ;)

Holy Jesus and Anyways are the 1st ones I would click on, just because I'd wanna know what the heck it was about.

I keep clicking on the funny thing happened at breakfast thread
and am reminded its about muppets as I start to read it again.

I keep thinking its going to be about eggs and bacon and biscuits.
mmmmmmm I'm hungry,
who's up for Breakfast for dinner?
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I am! ROTFL

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Perhaps my vague subjects were bad ideas. But the fact remains that I got Brian, Danny, and Jeff to post in that, and to me that is all that matters. Also, got some Dave Wronski history in the Holy Jesus thread. Not half bad methinks.

Anyways, I'm sure I suffer from several as of yet un-named learning disabilities that prevent me from realizing that other people do not think things are as 'awesome' as I do.

LOL it's all good Jake.

I think I can pull that off Jake, I'll just need a few days to research it and code it. Cool

Wow that was easier than I thought. Good idea Jake. I'm all about saving Jake time! ;)

Jake - you crack me up soemtimes Very Happy

Brian, thanks, I was as much needing that as Jake. what also wpould be cool - if possible - is if there ws a small button under the "last ten" on the frontpage which took you to a list of "last 25" .... you know we use this if we've checked and had little time and the orange icons dissapear and you dont know where you left off .. and it's usually more then 10 new posts you've missed!

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Yes. You can also make use of the little drop down box that appears at the bottom of each thread and forum that says: Display topics from previous. And then you can pick 1 day, 7 days, etc.

Brian
Yes. You can also make use of the little drop down box that appears at the bottom of each thread and forum that says: Display topics from previous. And then you can pick 1 day, 7 days, etc.

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

never saw that.

still it wouldn't help much, you'd still have to check each thread individually ....

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Well you can do whole sub-forums with it too. It is too bad you can't do the entire forum.

It is an often heard complaint. Perhaps I will make a "display last 100 posts" link somewhere.

Page 1 of 1