Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Very first Gomez "Tahitian Reverb-Amp" --- SOLD

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Carolina Blue tolex head unit.

SOLD

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016 10:34:54

If anybody's wondering, this is an INSANE deal. I have a Tahitian, and it's the coolest 100 watt amp I've ever played. It's worth so, so much more than what he's asking.

Yeah... Seriously

I was just playing my Tahitian before. I know not enough people have this amp to openly discuss it. But it's really cool. I have my 65DRRI at my rehearsal space, so I have no spent a lot of time time with my Tahitian, but I plan on using it for any gig that needs the power. $900 is a bargain. If you don't have a reverb tank, this is the amp for you! I have a G-Spring and a 63 RI Fender, so I am a fair critic to say the onboard on the Tahitian is great stand alone and you DO NOT need a tank. The only draw back on the Tahitian is the drive doesn't kick in till about 6 or 7. Any other owners want to comment on when their Tahitian starts hitting that sweet spot?

I did bring my Gomez G-Spring to Sam Ash and I hooked it up to their 85 watt Fender Twin with 15inch speaker. That was truly Surf Heaven. That is the best rig I have ever heard period. So obviously you don't need vintage to get the sound.

pm sent

STILL AVAILABLE

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016 21:21:50

Outstanding; glad for you Dario. In the family still it seems.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

WaimeaBay, 6-7 does seem to be the sweet spot for me as well. However, to me, that seems hardly uncommon for an amp that size. The first time I plugged in my Tahitian, my thought was the same as yours: You don't even need a tank with this amp! I wish I played gigs large enough to just plug straight in with the volume at 6-7, because that's one of the most amazing amp experiences I've had. And not just for surf, it does nearly everything well.

Made a miscalculation on overseas shipping so it's back up for sale.

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

I agree, this is an insane deal. I originally put mine up for sale, but I got wiser experimenting a bit. For me a 5751 tube in the V1 position has done wonders with the more hot'n'gain'y Mosrite pups.

This amp sounds huge.

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Glad to hear it ET. Sadly, because I need to sell the amp to cover medical costs, it is up for sale. Doctor visits and cortisone injections. It adds up.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016 11:29:05

My Tahaitian Sounds amazing. I paid a bit more for mine and its worth every penny. I am going to try and put some sound clips up this weekend. But I think there are some good ones on youtube already if you need to hear the amp.

Yeah, it's now priced as much as a new G-Spring. New Twins are what...$1450?

Glad I only made a few.

^^ seriously. I recently bought a Twin Reverb. (Wound up sending it back) I used my G-Spring when I was trying out Twins, shopping around. After playing both amps, trying various settings, and using the G-Srping on both I decided the Tahitian is the better amp. The Twins Tremelo circuit was weak in comparison to my Gomez amps. My Tahitian has a brownface trem circuit I believe. It sounds so rich and full. I think the greatest advantage of the Tahitian is that you don't need a tank with the amp. One less thing to lug around, worry about, etc. You are getting a 100 watt head, with a lush built-in spring reverb that sounds as good as a tank.

I can't freaking believe this amp didn't take off. I got mine, that's all I care about. I hope it sells though, someone will enjoy it. If anybody is curious about the amp, feel free to PM me. You can call me and I will tell you about the amp, play it for you with different guitars, or whatever else peaks your curiosity. This is just a stupid good deal. I paid 1,400 hundred for mine. Less than a Twin BTW and worth it.

SOLD

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016 10:33:45

Goto Page: 1 2 Next