Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 9th annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention! Sat. August 13th 12pm to 12am, info for SG101 BBQ on page 11

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 722 23 Next

The most important part of the convention,
The food at Alpine Village.
3 kinds of schnitzel!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o8OHkodAIyw

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yes the menu looks great but think how much Surf Guitar Schnitzel they could sell at the Convention! Big Grin

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016 10:19:17

We need to fly Ralf over to cook for us

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff, I am trying to arrange some time to get down there from Vancouver for the convention date and go to the Fender Visitor Center, too. Any idea when tickets will go on sale for SG101 and is there a price set yet?

Regardless of me going, I am grateful that the surf music scene benefits for all that you do. Hopefully, I can get the chance to shake your hand and thank you face-to-face.

Lorne
The Surf Shakers: https://www.facebook.com/TheSurfShakers
Vancouver BC Canada

Jeff - congratulations on a killer line-up! I had to miss last year but will be back this year. I just booked a room at Howard Johnson Torrance. The reviews were better than the Super 8 for not much more money.

I can't wait!

TikiHutDude (James Honeycutt)

Cool, can't wait to see you James!

Shake n Stomp.
No pre sale tickets
40 dollars at the Door.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Fender is back again this year as a Sponsor! They will be donating a guitar to raffle off at the 2016 Surf Guitar 101 convention !!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff I went last year and it was great. But I was hoping to find the great music available somewhere. It would be so amazing to hear the first time I heard Moonbase, (I was hooked instantly). And the set by the Eliminators was timeless, the Tomorrowmen, wow and the energy of the Volcanics, it was killer. Any tips??? Gary

There are videos on YouTube of each convention

Jeff(bigtikidude)

2015 Surf Guitar 101 Convention

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Plane tickets are booked as are rooms at the HoJo! Stoked!

Yay!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

a100gary wrote:

Jeff I went last year and it was great. But I was hoping to find the great music available somewhere. It would be so amazing to hear the first time I heard Moonbase, (I was hooked instantly). And the set by the Eliminators was timeless, the Tomorrowmen, wow and the energy of the Volcanics, it was killer. Any tips??? Gary

Gary, one of the best ways to support and encourage the global Surf instrumental community is to purchase the officially released product of the bands. I cannot express how much each and every CD, LP, 7", T-Shirt, pin, etc. help bands function.

Try the bands' direct websites, Facebook pages or Bandcamp sites to purchase merchandise, or, go through a trusted, reputable online store such as Surfer Joe or Double Crown Records. I guarantee that those special moments you experienced at the convention will be conjured again through the official releases that the bands spent a great deal of time and money to make available.

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

First timer. Stoked beyond measure! This is gonna be epic!

Just booked the super 8 LAX...
Ran

The Scimitars

Fender tour happening on Monday?

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Looks like a great lineup and an awesome time. I'm stoked! Thanks to Jeff for making this happen.

Staredge wrote:

Fender tour happening on Monday?

Will, in the past the fender tour was on Friday,
But now Individuals can go when they can.
Look at Fender Visitors Center web site for info and booking.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Airline, car, and motel (Super 8 Torrance) booked and I'm heading down to my first SG 101 convention! Can't wait to check out all the awesome bands!!

Big thanks to Jeff for the helpful info and JonPaul for the hotel/motel recommendations!

Tien

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 722 23 Next