Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink SG101 turns 10 this month (updated: 11 years!)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

surfbeatslbc wrote:

bigtikidude wrote:

This year being the 10th anniversary for the website and the 9th convention,I have many bands that are tied into the sites history.
Some had to cancel till next year sadly. But needless to say, the next 2 years conventions will be dedicated to saluting the website and forum
With amazing line ups that will hopefully draw the biggest fan crowds yet.

So shall we expect an announcement in the near future, or did I miss it somehow?

Brian, thanks so much for the site and congrats on 10 years!

Id love to announce right now, but I need to wait a few weeks to get 100%
Confirmations from a few bands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Feb 08, 2016 18:40:45

wow! a decade?! This site 100% got be back into surf music. thank you brian!

Matt Heaton & the Electric Heaters
"Dick Dale meets Dennis Lehane"
http://www.heatonsurf.com

Thanks to Brian and everyone on the site for all their contributions..

I arrived here in 2006, not long after I bought my first (Squier) Strat, with a view to get some more info on techniques and to learn all I could about playing Surf. It had been about 25+ years since I played guitar (more-or-less) seriously/enthusastically and now I've been taking lessons (for a few years), got back to doing my own studies.. and 'mazingly, actually submitting some recordings to the annual compilation and having the sound of my music going beyond the 4 walls in Blackburn Smile

Again, many thanks to everyone on the occasion of both our 'anniversaries'... and I'm looking forward to how much more the site will help us all expand our knowledge and love of this fantastic musical style...

I'm as free from money as a frog is from feathers

Thanks to Brian for all his time and efforts and to the dedicated contributors who make SG101 what it is. I always look forward to checking back a few times a day to see what is going on in the forums, ideas about gear, etc.

Happy 10th!

Lorne
The Surf Shakers: https://www.facebook.com/TheSurfShakers
Vancouver BC Canada

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016 09:24:04

Well done to Brian and everyone who has made this site what it is.

I think this site is instrumental (!) in the history of surf music. It's connected so many people and been such an excellent resource that I think surf music would be the poorer without it.
Also, it's a very nice place to be!

http://thewaterboarders.bandcamp.com/

Congratulations and THANK YOU Brian! This site is a godsend, I've met so many cool people and learned so much. Everything from Surf Music's origins to the present day, oftentimes straight from the source! And of course the gear discussions have contributed greatly to my perennial G.A.S.
I've always loved listening to and playing Surf (even before there was this internet thing), but SG101 has taken my interest and enthusiasm for it to a whole 'nother level. Cheers! Cheers

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

A big thanks to Rob_J who made a "10 years" banner that you see above!! If anyone else would like to make one I'd be very happy to rotate the banners all year. Or maybe have them rotate hourly or daily or something.

Thanks Rob!!

Reminder: our birthday is February 26.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Congratulations, Brian, and a heartfelt thank you for all you've done! My life started changing for the happier and better, in ways I never imagined possible, as soon as I joined 5 years ago. If not for sg101, I never would have met so many amazing and wonderful people, many of whom I'm very happy to call personal friends.

Here's to many more ten year anniversaries to come!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Brian wrote:

A big thanks to Rob_J who made a "10 years" banner that you see above!! If anyone else would like to make one I'd be very happy to rotate the banners all year. Or maybe have them rotate hourly or daily or something.

Thanks Rob!!

+1 Shock Holy Samolians is that some art! I'd wear that. Yes

Rob has some hardcore talent. Cheers

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

You are most welcome, Brian. Designing this banner was a really fun project! While I'm not a "power poster" I do take advantage of this site to learn from other surf music "nuts" and have had the pleasure of virtual meetings and interaction with many who post here. It's a great community and I check in pretty much every day, and have done so since the site started.

There are a a lot of guitar based forums on the internet but none come close to SG101. Mega thanks to Brian for starting the site and for keeping it going all these years. I know for a fact that it is a time consuming endeavor and we are all fortunate that someone like Brian is willing to put in the hard work that goes into running a forum website like this!

Hey Brian, you should be proud of this excellent web site.

I had a business for a good few years where I had a lot of time on my hands, I almost went made mad with boredom, one of things that kept me going was being able to hang out at SG101 all the time. thanks for all the hard work SG101 rocks!

'Surf Music Lasts Forever'

Congratulations to Brian and a sincere thank you for putting up such a great forum for all of us to enjoy. I am not as prolific or consistent as some of the distinguished members are, but I do enjoy this place immensely. I also love meeting and hanging out with members of this extended family.

Here's to another 10 years!
Ran

The Scimitars

Cheers guys!

Ran, did we first meet at the Surf Coasters / Hypnotic IV show in Sacramento in 2004? And then the next year (?) in Seattle for the first Satan's Pilgrims reunion.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yes Brian, we first met at the epic night at Old Ironsides, then the next year in Seattle, before the Satan's Pilgrims show, when we checked out the EMP...Jim was there with you and perhaps Dano.
And then we got to see Satan's Pilgrims!

Ran

Brian wrote:

Cheers guys!

Ran, did we first meet at the Surf Coasters / Hypnotic IV show in Sacramento in 2004? And then the next year (?) in Seattle for the first Satan's Pilgrims reunion.

The Scimitars

Happy Birthday SG101 and congratulation Brian!
And thank you all for sharing your knowledge and your enthousiasm.
This site is a wonderfull place.

http://noskons.bandcamp.com/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016 16:39:50

Congratulation and many thanks Brian for the coolest music forum site ever!

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

Congratulations Brian!

Glad that I discovered the forum, the value of the information about surf music contained here is upon any calculation.
Being a member of the community encouraged me to travel to California ... yes, I wanted be in the same area where all started and meeting you and other members aswell has been probably the best social experience in my 27 years of life ... in other words, among all the human beings in the whole world ... Surf Guitar 101 helped me to meet the correct ones. Big Grin

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016 10:28:45

Kudos for those 10 years! Here's to another 10! (at least...)
Cheers SG101!

-Francis-
The Wave Chargers

Congratulations, Brian and SG101!! Amazing to think it's been 10 years. Of course, several before that, too, on the Yahoo forum. I actually remember the transition very well. I remember seeing this forum for the first time almost ten years ago (I joined 2/27/06), and being pretty overwhelmed and confused by it all! I think I referred to it as 'the woods' - easy to get lost in! Now it's all second nature, of course. SG101 has been a gigantic force for good in my life in so, so many different ways, and I deeply thank you, Brian, for making that possible. I'm also thrilled that it's been such a great force for good in your own life! It's only right...

Here's to many more decades to come!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

A huge round of applause for Brian, and the SG101 Community for 10 years. In a world where things go from fad to fad faster than a speeding bullet, the 10 year milestone is something to celebrate. For me, this is the number 1 sight on the 'net! The people I've met, the opportunities I've had, and the knowledge I've gained from SG101 is unbelievable. This is such a great community! Thank you Brian for all your HARD WORK in keeping this going. It is greatly appreciated!

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next