Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Golden Camera in Germany for the Beach Boys

Page 1 of 1

This topic was automatically created to discuss the news story Golden Camera in Germany for the Beach Boys.

Rea Garvey made the speech on The Beach Boys honour. Afterward a short film about the BBs career was shown (mainly 60s clips).
When Mike Love and Bruce Johnston were called on stage, the audience arose from their seats and the Beach Boys were really touches, Bruce hat to remove a tear from his eye.Mike Love started his speech with a line from "Ganz Allein" and the story behind this German version of "In My Room". The Golden Kamera is the biggest apreciation the Beach Boys received in Germany.
"What a blessing recognized In Germany" were his words.
Since their start they had been accepted and tolerated in Germany.
They played a medley of "Wouldn´t It Be Nice", " I Get Around" and "Surfin´ U.S.A." while the audience got onto their feet and danced to the music of the BBs. MC Thomas Gottschalk came to the group and started singing "Barbara Ann", the group joind in. There was a big hug to Mike and Bruce from Thomas who said: " I sang with Status Quo live "Rock Around The World" and now Barbara Ann with The Beach Boys - what could be better for a music fan?"
At the end of the show after 2 hours and 45 minutes Thomas said, when we have here the biggest party band of the world, we need to hear some good vibrations.
All winners were called on stage and the BBs played and sang Good Vibrations, lead vocal by Jeff Foskett.

BTW, my ebook "Greetings from Califonia" has nearly 600 covers, labels, fotos and articles. So far 240 pages have been filled. The work still has to be continued, among ohers I have to translate my own articles.
It has tons of Beach Boys stuff, of course.
I will produce CDs and have individuell signatures for each copy.
I´ll keep you posted!
Ruediger

Here is a link for the complete show.
Please scoll to 119 minutes and se the laudation by Rea Garvey,
the a film about hte boys mainly of the sixties, the a medley of
Wouldn´t It Be Bice, I Get Around, Surfin´USA.
At the end of the show they performed Good Vibrations while all
were asked to come onstage!
Ruediger
http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/2665210/Die-51.-GOLDENE-KAMERA?bc=svp;sv3

Page 1 of 1