Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Recognition to BTD and Tuck

Page 1 of 1

Thanks to Jeff Bigtikidude and Tuck who have entered an incredible number of calendar entries recently. I know it must be tedious to do that. Thanks for keeping the scene informed of all the shows. Bravo! Cool

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Thank you, Brian! I noticed there were a lot more events posted. I figured the calendar was just catching on. I didn't realize that was all BTD. sigh He must be fiendishly energetic.

Yes, it is a bit tedious at times. Which is why I seek the Holy Grail of "email event submission," which would allow the bands to send you (and other interested parties) their standard format calendar entries as they send them to everyone else. And have them processed automatically.

Hand submission is also error prone, or maybe it's just me. Which is why folks should follow the link to the original site to make sure I or BTD didn't screw up the facts. Embarassed Anyway, if nothing else, automated submission would reduce the errors to the original band's errors ... Until a recent fix many MySpace announcements listed Arkansas or California instead of Colorado. Any corrections to something else glitched the state. And a lot of announcements appear as AM instead of PM. You'd think PM would be the default, wouldn't you?

If it's any consolation I once came a week early to an Aquasonics performance thanks to my own notes. It's OK. It was a mind broadening experience. For some reason, all evening people thought I was the dad of one of the kids in a punk trio. I guess all middle-aged bald guys look alike to 20-somethings. (I was a proud father. He was good. A bit too earnest.)

If myspace implements RSS feeds for the bands calendars I could automatically suck the data from that into the database here.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian,
thank you for noticing, I hope it doesnt cause to much work for you.
I Dont know how much it will help attendance at those shows.
But I can hope. sigh......

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1