Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Delete post feature?

Page 1 of 1

I'd like to see a delete post feature. I have written posts and wanted to completely delete them but am unable. It would cut down on the wasteful 'post deleted by author' posts.

I don't think we should have one, too much opportunity to lose vital discussion. You can change the name the delete the text. You can e-mail a mod and they will likely delete it for you.

JakeDobner wrote:

I don't think we should have one, too much opportunity to lose vital discussion. You can change the name the delete the text. You can e-mail a mod and they will likely delete it for you.

Do we have mods? I looked for likely candidates a while back but didn't see a mod title in their profiles.

Yeah I never implemented a user delete post feature for 2 reasons: 1) the bulletin board software I was emulating didn't have it; and 2) I thought it might be ripe for abuse (although it didn't stop Zak...).

I might consider it for SG101 3.0, but I'll have to think about it. In the mean time if you want a post deleted, change the text to something like "Delete me please" and then flag it. I'll see it and guess what you mean.

The mods are myself, DannySnyder, and CaptainSpringfield. Neils has moderator power in the NSSR sub-forum.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015 16:11:41

I just always thought the 'post deleted by author', or 'oops, posted by mistake' was sloppy appearing. Also, if you post something in haste, and want to remove it entirely, you can't.

Just my 2cts.

You can remove it if you flag it (click the red flag). A moderator will clean it up for you. That's the best we can do for now.

Brian wrote:

You can remove it if you flag it (click the red flag). A moderator will clean it up for you. That's the best we can do for now.

Got it, I didn't know that, thanks!!

A related idea is I can put in some logic to detect and ignore double posts.

Page 1 of 1