Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Three new DJ's to join the team at North Sea Surf Radio!

Page 1 of 1

Dear all,

It is with great happiness and pride that I announce the addition of three new DJ's to the team at North Sea Surf Radio;

• El Firetone; Guitar player from El Ray (Denmark). He made such a lasting impression with his guest DJ appearance at the Surfer Joe Summer Festival live broadcast that I invited him to join our station. He will be doing a co-hosted show with his fellow guitar player from El Ray as part of The Fanastic Five;

• El Twang; Guitar player from El Ray (Denmark). EL Twang has been into surf music for over 20 years as part of the "saw the Pulp Fiction' movie in 1994 and thought, 'wow holy shit, that sounds amazing!!" group of people. He started with his band El Ray in 2000 and is a favourite key figure in the surf scene.

• Sancho Pansen; This active member of the Surf Guitar 101 forum from Germany has been into surf music since right before the start of the Pulp Fiction revival and was first stoked with surf by the sound of Man or Astro-man?. Sancho is a big surf music collector that has a personal surf project Spy vs. Spy with mainly spy based themes. He co-hosted a seminar on reverb pedals and tanks at the Surfer Joe Summer Festival where I invited him to join NSSR after hearing his great radio voice during an interview we did. Sancho also plays in The Hicadoolas, a vocal surf band.

Sancho Pansen's show will be called Ten Tons Of Wet and will focus on classic surf music. His first show will air coming Saturday after Green Cookie Beach. El Firetone and El Twang will be doing the first dual presentation show at North Sea Surf Radio as part of The Fantastic Five. Their first show airs this Sunday.

Please join me in welcoming these guys to NSSR!

Unfortunately Carlos Yela has decided to leave NSSR for now. Several circumstances prevent him from being able to continue doing his weekly show for now but a return to NSSR at a later stage will always remain an option. Please join me in thanking Carlos for all his work for NSSR for now. He will obviously continue to support NSSR through his ever so popular Surf Music Madrid page.

Underneath please find the new broadcast schedule including the re-runs.
El Bumper hopes to be back with us on short notice, for the time being the shows on Sunday now start one hour later with Caleb Pilgim's "A Huevo!".

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015 09:32:38

Page 1 of 1