Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink More Lava Rats vids up, and more to come

Page 1 of 1

Hey folks,
At long last, our tech department (aka NOT me) got around to uploading some more vids to youtube.

So far we have our versions of:

Church Key
A Mouthful of Exhaust
Complete Control
and
our original Blowtorch

Check 'em out and let me know what you think. I hope to get more up in the coming week or two. Just search for "Lava Rats" and you'll have all six vids that we have online now.

~B~

Good stuff, Bill. I like the synchronized moves on Blowtorch!

The Volcanos

nice...

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

Thanks, kiddies - keep them comments rolling in...

And if y'all are inter-web savvy as our own Tiki Tena, feel free to subscribe to my youtube for all the updates of when new LR videos get posted.

~B~

Cool stuff Bill. I didn't know Dick Dale wrote "A Mouthful of Exhaust." Shocked Rolling Eyes

Wow, these guys sound GREAT. That guitarist is one hell of a player. (Hmmm, where did I read this before?)

Cool stuff, love the syncro moves and all the vids - especially Blowtorch. And yes, the guitarist is one hell of a player and showman!

CUTBACK

I like Church Key on crack.

Hurray Bill!

Science friction burns my fingers.

Awww, y'all are making me blush.

And just on the off chance you're serious, Wooz -- Dick Dale had nothing to do with a Mouthful of Exhaust, it's a looooong running joke that we have with the fellas in CHUM.

Because, after all, Dick Dale invented CHUM.

~B~

SurfBandBill
And just on the off chance you're serious, Wooz -- Dick Dale had nothing to do with a Mouthful of Exhaust, it's a looooong running joke that we have with the fellas in CHUM.

I've picked up on that joke. I was most definitely not serious.
Either way it's a cool, totally badass song.

Bump -- 4 of the 5 vids I have up are from LAST YEAR'S show at Suzy's.
~B~

Bill, I dont know the story on Mouthfull Of Exhaust.
fill us in.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Story? Um... it's a great tune and all fast and loud, so we decided to cover it?

Is there something in your question I'm missing?

~B~

Bill, I dont get this quote from you.

Bill said
"And just on the off chance you're serious, Wooz -- Dick Dale had nothing to do with a Mouthful of Exhaust, it's a looooong running joke that we have with the fellas in CHUM.

Because, after all, Dick Dale invented CHUM. "

Is mouthful of Exhaust a CHUM song?
thats what appears to be said. but maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

No no no, Mouthfull of Exhaust is a Man or Astro-Man? song. We played it at Suzy's last year, and in the video, I jokingly said before we played it that "Dick Dale wrote this song".

When I wrote that reply, I was discussing the long-running joke we have with CHUM about how Dick Dale invented everything - Fender Guitars, reverb, each of our bands, the city of LA, even nuclear power. You've heard us go through that spiel a thousand times.

~B~

oh ok I see now, I haven't watched the vids yet. my bad.

Didnt DD invent the computer, the internet and sg101?

Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll add that if I recall correctly you, Jeff(bigtikidude), were there for the birth of that joke when Chum was in SF a few years back. 'Twas a sunny afternoon at the Hotel Utah. Am I right Bill?

drummer-Lava Rats

That was certainly the first time that joke got circulated in a major way. You are correct sir.

~B~

oh I get it now, I just didnt get the reference, as I hadnt watched the vids yet.

see you guys soon,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1