Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink SG101 RADIO!!

Page 1 of 1

Brian,
just thinking....you should get this site a shoutcast thingy and stream a random selection of surf music - Surf Guitar 101 Radio. we could just click the lo-fi or hi-fi button and listen, don't need a DJ, just a pop-up "now playing" window, or you could work it into the home page. i bet there are heaps of bands here that would be happy to let you use their music.

Adam

a myspace like player (also as standalone) which plays demos and legal music from our own archives/download section.....

not a bad idea, no clue if it is technically possible. it will surely make a lot more people upload their songs Very Happy

We should call it "surfguitar101 RAYdio" though, in honor of mr. Devlar himself, who's currently driven out of 'business' by nasty people in suits, or so I understand. Sad

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

i like this idea.

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

me too

I am super sweet
www.myspace.com/thetremblors

WR
a myspace like player (also as standalone) which plays demos and legal music from our own archives/download section.....

not a bad idea

Idea That's what I meant selected rounds of SG101/bands songs on a SG101 myspace and rotate them once a month "Featured tracks/artists of the month" but a SG101 myspace music account Idea

I've been doing this already with an event called "The Bash custom pre-64' rides & music fest" I feature artist that will be playing each years bash selected tracks only samples and not download, by the aritst permision ofcourse
http://myspace.com/thebash7
Surf, Garage, Rockabilly
Saturday August 18, 2007
I'm the VP so if your insterested in playing our 7th annual bash drop me a line Very Happy

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Good ideas. I might want to try to do a podcast too, but I have no idea how to do that yet.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian, here is a link to the shoutcast sever download page...
http://www.shoutcast.com/download/serve.phtml

here is a link to a very good site for indie bands, they have DJ's sometimes, but the rest of the time the music they stream automaticly..i'm not suggesting you try and do someting on their scale, but they have many features on the site worth looking into
http://www.songplanet.com/listeners/

maybe Ray Dukes of Devlar could be in charge of SG101 radio / podcast???

that way devlar could carry on, ray could keep his music collection going...and everyone could listen to killer surf tunes 24/7...

good Call DP.

Maybe I'll drive up and kidnap you and drag you to a show for mentioning such a good idea.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

dp
maybe Ray Dukes of Devlar could be in charge of SG101 radio / podcast???

that way devlar could carry on, ray could keep his music collection going...and everyone could listen to killer surf tunes 24/7...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm gonna chime in to say that I support these ideas!

Science friction burns my fingers.

Bump.

Does anyone here already make podcasts and can help determine if it's feasible?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Brian, You could try contacting Kopper (admin.) or Doc Detroit (The Drowning Pool Podcast), both of GaragePunk.com. And both members of SG101.

I'm just full of suggestions lately....

-outsides-

Outsides, I would think that with your resources you'd make some fantastic podcasts yourself. Have you ever thought of it?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Thanks for bringing this back up. We had a small family health crisis that caused me to forget about a bunch of stuff. The mental gears are turning on a podcast.

This is a good idea. Not only for the surf fans enjoyment, but it is a great tool to bring in new fans. I got into surf music around 2000, or 2001 based primarily on a free online radio that had a surf channel.

DannySnyder
Outsides, I would think that with your resources you'd make some fantastic podcasts yourself. Have you ever thought of it?

You're absolutely right. I've got the resources (mainly trad though) and the time fer sure and the love for the genre. But, I am severely lacking in the computer know how. Rolling Eyes

If somebody wanted to be an Angel .... because that's the kind of patience you would need to teach me. Shocked Laughing

-outsides-

My own fear about doing the older trad songs on a podcast is how do you go about getting permission to play those songs? The newest stuff is easier, you can ask the band directly.

I have never done it either outsides, but I have a general idea of how to do it. Perhaps we can collaborate...

Keep it simple. Initially work with the bands you can easily get permission from (i.e. most of the bands who are members to this site) and branch out from there. Whatever the song list, however short it may be, let it loop continuously or repeat random plays. Check out Ernie Ball Radio as an example. http://www.ernieball.com

CUTBACK

I'm not too keen on a streaming radio show, at least initially. I think a podcast is more do-able for a number of reasons. Less resource intensive, it is starting out smaller, and less money up front. A way to get our feet wet, so to speak.

Page 1 of 1