Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink New Book: "Southern California Surf Music, 1960-1966"

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

"Southern California Surf Music, 1960-1966" isn't due out for three more days. However, I learned this morning that the initial print run of the book has sold out (I understand this to be around 900 copies intended for advance orders). This is the first time (or one of the very few times) this has happened with this publisher in the 22 years they've been in business. If you've pre-ordered the book, it should arrive early next week. Yowza.

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Congratulations again John!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Big congrats! What does this mean for availability at SG101?

Selling out the initial print run is only a temporary problem, but a good problem to have. Copies will be available at the convention, at the Sierra Surf Band Camp in May, and at the Surfer Joe Fest in June. If you want a signed copy, you can order the book through my website as of next Tuesday (please request a signed copy when you order through PayPal).

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Wow, John! Phenomenal, congratulations!!!

(There are 900 surf music fans in the world?? Shocked Who knew???)

Wink

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

The publisher did not expect 900 copies to go before the book's official publication date. As I now understand, they expected that number of copies to be sold IN THE FIRST YEAR. I'm not sure what this portends for the music in the future, but it'll be interesting to see.

John

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

This is fantastic! Congratulations, John! Cheers

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

I's a terrific achievement! Congratulations!!!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

This is like, so bitchin'!
Cool

Signed or not, I'm glad I pre-ordered mine. Should be at the PO Monday according to Amazon. (Or Tuesday, because everything inbound to this burg seems to take an extra day just because...)

This is an important work; I'd like to see that printer find they gotta keep going like the Energizer bunny.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Congrats John!
Rising Surf indeed!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Congrats, John! Damn, didn't pre-order it. I should have! Are there more being printed ASAP?

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink
www.doublecrownrecords.com

John wrote:

If you want a signed copy, you can order the book through my website as of next Tuesday (please request a signed copy when you order through PayPal).> John

Okay, will check out your website http://johnblair.us/

http://tunefan.com
http://www.youtube.com/tunefan

John,
Congratulations, glad I pre ordered.

Is your publisher tracking which part of the world ordered the most copies?

Happy Sunsets!

Great news that the first print run is soldout! Just pre-ordered the book at a Dutch booksellers webshop, delivery is expected Wednesday April 8.

Instromania on Bandcamp

Well, darn. Though I pre-ordered on Amazon several weeks ago, when I check it now it says: "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." I think I didn't order early enough to secure one from the first print. Argh

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Similar (but not same) here. At least we know we're getting close. Mine now doesn't say delivery date anymore, but rather Shipping Date for Monday. Then again release date says the same thing. We'll see; I'll just wait for the tracking button to go live & get the email - they're pretty good about that stuff. It's just that I would really like to get my mitts on this book!!!!!! Big Grin

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Apr 04, 2015 20:16:38

Get the book from John at Surfer Joe or at the Surf Guitar 101 convention!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Badger wrote:

We'll see; I'll just wait for the tracking button to go live & get the email - they're pretty good about that stuff. It's just that I would really like to get my mitts on this book!!!!!! Big Grin

SHIPPED! Due Sat April 11th. Big Grin

Wes

Mine is shipped too!

https://striciizozadja.bandcamp.com/

The book can now be ordered on my website, www.johnblair.us (please read ordering instructions carefully if you aren't in the U.S.). If you want the book signed, please request that when you complete the order online. Thanks everybody. Off and running (er, surfing?).

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next