Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink North Sea Surf Radio - Errors Reports and Maintenance Announcements

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Suddenly can't open the Win Media Player to listen. Error indicates an encoding issue (can't open the *.wax file). Nothing changed at this end, worked a few hours ago and Codec tests good.

?

Maybe some sleep will fix it.
Smile

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Feb 09, 2015 23:08:04

The station is off the air for me too.
It's a hardware problem for Niels from the phone/internet company.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Playing now

Jeff(bigtikidude)

After weeks of working with the Internet Service Provider it turns out it is not their fault this happens. I have received several new routers, have had mechanics over the floor testing everything and from their end all is working.

It seems to be a problem with Windows 8.1 that can not easily be fixed.
Now here's the strangest thing, up untill a couple of weeks ago the dropout occured every night at about 4:15 AM CET. The only way to fix it is a hard reset of the router; taking the power off and putting it back on which I cannot instantly do as I am asleep at this time. Now a couple of weeks ago after a Windows Update the problem seemned solved but it came back, not every night anymore but now every 5 days at around 4:15 PM. Last week it was Thursday, this week Tuesday and coming weekend it will be Sunday night. So the problem is not as big as it used to be but it's still there.

Yesterday while talking to an IT friend of mine on the phone I suddenly thought of a temporary workaround; a digital electrical timeswitch. I will buy this before Sunday and will put it in between the power supply and the router and program it to turn the power off every night at 4:20 AM for 1 minute. This way we will be out of the air every night for exactly 1 minute and once every 5 days for about 5 minutes. It's a lot better than the 4 to 4,5 hours we are offline now, the time between the outage and the time I wake up.

Meanwhile I will continue to search for a definite solution to this extremely weird problem.

Best,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

nielsjansen wrote:

After weeks of working with the Internet Service Provider it turns out it is not their fault this happens. I have received several new routers, have had mechanics over the floor testing everything and from their end all is working.

It seems to be a problem with Windows 8.1 that can not easily be fixed.
Now here's the strangest thing, up untill a couple of weeks ago the dropout occured every night at about 4:15 AM CET. The only way to fix it is a hard reset of the router; taking the power off and putting it back on which I cannot instantly do as I am asleep at this time. Now a couple of weeks ago after a Windows Update the problem seemned solved but it came back, not every night anymore but now every 5 days at around 4:15 PM. Last week it was Thursday, this week Tuesday and coming weekend it will be Sunday night. So the problem is not as big as it used to be but it's still there.

Yesterday while talking to an IT friend of mine on the phone I suddenly thought of a temporary workaround; a digital electrical timeswitch. I will buy this before Sunday and will put it in between the power supply and the router and program it to turn the power off every night at 4:20 AM for 1 minute. This way we will be out of the air every night for exactly 1 minute and once every 5 days for about 5 minutes. It's a lot better than the 4 to 4,5 hours we are offline now, the time between the outage and the time I wake up.

Meanwhile I will continue to search for a definite solution to this extremely weird problem.

Best,

May I suggest Windows 7 as the solution? OK, maybe not!

Los Fantasticos

Changing the software or fully re-installing the operating system has far stretching consequences for the radio station. The MYSQL server needs to be setup again, database connections need to be made again and connections with the radio server company. Lots of work and headache and bringing in a technical guy. All in all it's a option I would like to avoid as it brings in a lot of risk of other things going wrong and is no guaruantee all will work once we have put in all those efforts. I need to find a fix to this specific problem. Will be calling Microfail again this week.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Sorry for your travails Niels; that is an extremely weird issue.
Good luck with the Redmond, WA leviathan.

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

nielsjansen wrote:

Changing the software or fully re-installing the operating system has far stretching consequences for the radio station. The MYSQL server needs to be setup again, database connections need to be made again and connections with the radio server company. Lots of work and headache and bringing in a technical guy. All in all it's a option I would like to avoid as it brings in a lot of risk of other things going wrong and is no guaruantee all will work once we have put in all those efforts. I need to find a fix to this specific problem. Will be calling Microfail again this week.

Yes. It wasn't really a serious suggestion!

Los Fantasticos

Down? Online player not working either.

Wes

Hey, Niels - nice bit of facelift on the front-page there! Cool

Wes

For several days I was not able to connect via Radio Tuna on my iPod, but able to on the PC running Windows 7 or 8 (can't easily tell, as unlike a Mac, you can't access that info simply Argh )
I re-downloaded the app to the iPod twice and now it works!

Squink Out!

Online player window (where artist/song is displayed) seems to have been stuck since this morning at Jon & The Nightriders' Beneath the Reef.

Wes

Badger wrote:

Online player window (where artist/song is displayed) seems to have been stuck since this morning at Jon & The Nightriders' Beneath the Reef.

Same here...
I listened a few minutes ago. There was The Saboteurs. Very nice!!!
But also Jon & The Nightriders` "Beneath The Reef" is showed up.

It`s bit bad when I listen and hear something interesting and I want to know which band is this.

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

It`s bit bad when I listen and hear something interesting and I want to know which band is this.

That's exactly what I use it for so, even if it's going in the background for a long time, I can just pop that up if I hear something my uneducated brain needs help with. Maybe Niels is touring someplace; sometimes Major Computer Dudes & Dudettes need a break.
Big Grin

Wes

The online player display is still stuck showing only Jon & The Nightriders' "Beneath The Reef" no matter what track is playing. This is true on both Firefox and IE - very frustrating!

I am happy to report that the online player display is properly functioning again!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Big Grin

Green Cookie records
www.greencookie.gr
http://greencookierecords.bandcamp.com/

Green Cookie Beach
http://www.northseasurfradio.org/#!green-cookie-beach/c3pr

Playlists
http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/22677/

Yay!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great!

Noticed that early this AM (or last night maybe, can't tell).
OUT-standing! Cool

Wes

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next