Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Details of the re-programming of North Sea Surf Radio

Page 1 of 1

Dear all,

As I have explained in THIS thread I have to gradually and slowly re-build North Sea Surf Radio to the old situation since all program settings and database information got lost during the crash. This process costed me a couple of months of hard work last year so getting back it all re-programmed and re-installed will take some time. In this thread I will keep you up to speed on that process.

Here's what we have managed to implement so far:

• September 12th - 12PM CET - Soft relaunch of NSSR

For the past 5 months you have been listening to the 263 tracks from the Classic Surf Top 101, Surf Revival Top 101 and Top 61 of 2013 on shuffle. No jingles, no sweepers, no promo's, nothing but a randomly generated playlist with these 263 tracks. On September 12th I have re-imported about 50% of the database tracks, all jingles, all sweepers and the promo's. There is now one default 3 hour long "show" which takes music from 75% of the categories and generates a different set of tracks in an order programmed by me. This first "show" that will run 24/7 for the coming weeks has a Wipeout! once every 2,5 hours and will play about 2000 different tracks. So it is safe to say that the music variety on NSSR has increased tenfold. All tracks except the Wipeout! will only be played once every 1,5 to 2 days.

• September 13th - 5PM CET - Re-launch of presented shows

For the first time since the Surfer Joe Summer Festival live broadcast DJ's could be heard again on North Sea Surf Radio. Last weekend all shows were dedicated to the North Sea Surf Festival. Next weekend all DJ's will do one of their regular shows again. Finally the presented shows are back and NSSR is starting to feel like a real radiostation again!

• September 16th - 2AM CET - Re-launch of re-runs

This evening I found the time to re-program the re-runs for all DJ shows so 2,5 hours from now those who missed it will be able to listen to the first two re-runs. All re-runs will air at the usual times except for Green Cookie Beach which only this week will re-run on Friday on the spot of The Fantastic Four. Check the re-run schedule for this week HERE.

That were the first implementations so far. With the North Sea Surf Festival coming up I will not be making any more changes this week as I simply have no spare time left.

I hope you are all tuning in and would love to hear your first thoughts on the new 24/7 show playing now. I think it's a leap forward from where we came from but there's still a long way ahead to get all shows re-installed.

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

December 29th

Tracks from the Classic Surf Top 101, the Surf Revival Top 101, the Album Top 101, former Wipeouts and a best of selection from 2013 and 2014 have been added to the rotationlist.

January 12th

The Playlist with recent releases has been reinstated. So on top of The Wipeout! 15 other tracks can be heard regularly cranking up the percentage of new music in our rotationlist. Playlist additions can be found HERE.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015 04:44:15

Wow. Nothing like this on the planet; maybe even the whole cosmos.
Cheers

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

January 22nd

The non stop shows Nocturne and Midnight Run have been reinstated.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

YAY!!! love those shows

Jeff(bigtikidude)

January 25th

Reinstated the reruns of the weekend shows.
More details and full rerun schedule can be found HERE.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Page 1 of 1