Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink North Sea Surf Radio history, news and developments

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next

on now

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Nov 08, 2014 10:13:19

This weekend:

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

i'm listening right now.

i would have been earlier but i was putting together my surf show for our local radio station and it's impossible to do both at the same time.

www.surfintheeye.com

The weekend shows have started again, enjoy!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

Listening! Cool

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

went to sleep at 2 am, up at 6 for some stupid reason,
listend to the beginning of Eloy's show and fell asleep about 20 min in.
woke up again at 9:15, listening since then.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We have started with the presented shows again. Due to a short crash all shows start 3 minutes later than normal.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

My Show, "Tube City" will air one hour earlier today, 11 am Pacific time,
as there is no Fantastic Four program this week.

So I will be on right after Jonpaul.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This weekend!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

IS the webcast not operating now or is it my computer/connection that is screwy?

Squink Out!

It was down for me too

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I can't find an iTune Podcast of NSSR. IS that because they don't want to broadcast that way?

Squink Out!

No podcasts, only live streaming

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I guess live streams are more volatile as well as more exciting. It definitely feels the same as listening to old-fashioned radio (before roboDJs) when there is a DJ in the house spinning wax.

Squink Out!

There was a discussion amongst NSSR DJs about podcasts. The majority were opposed, for one reason or another. Personally, I was in favour, largely because my show is now broadcast at a time when most people I know in the UK are unlikely to be listening (I don't listen to it myself!). I understand that much of the audience is on the other side of the Atlantic, of course, so I just have to live with it. However, the clincher was that it is way more expensive to have a licence for podcasts and it was felt to be unaffordable.

Los Fantasticos

Last edited: Jan 08, 2015 03:06:52

I am a big fan of NSSR and listens often.
But I seldom manage to listen to the shows I would like to. Also I have a firewall problem at work since NSSR not is streaming on port 80 Cry
The podcasts here at Surfguitar101 was a goldmine for me 5 years ago when discovered instro surf. IMHO podcasts are a better way to attract and introduce people that dont normally listens to surf.
Podcasts might be expensive but seems affordable for Surfguitar101.

Last edited: Jan 08, 2015 09:44:51

bjoish wrote:

I am a big fan of NSSR and listens often.
But I seldom manage to listen to the shows I would like to. Also I have a firewall problem at work since NSSR not is streaming on port 80 Cry
The podcasts here a Surfguitar101 was a goldmine for me 5 years ago when discovered instro surf. IMHO podcasts are a better way to attract and introduce people that dont normally listens to surf.
Podcasts might be expensive but seems affordable for Surfguitar101.

Totally agree!!

For me, listening to the DJ shows on sat. And sun. Morningame is pecect,
As I am getting up around that time.
But many people I tell about my show ask me if its available as a podcast.

A thought, what if the DJ shows were repeated all weekend?
Maybe 3 or 4 times in that day? Then there might be more of a chance for someone to listen at some time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Regarding DJ shows as podcasts, some radio stations archive their shows for a long time (RSS feeds) and others for a limited time (KFJC for instance).

KFJC archives their shows and are only available for 2 weeks at a time. Perhaps something like this could be done but limit the time to one week or a few days.

I don't know how much work this would entail other than providing storage space for the shows, a link to the archives, and maintaining the files. One bonus I would imagine is that this activity should not impact the present NSSR programming schedule as only the person(s) wanting to obtain an archived show would need to find it in the archives and download it.

Niels, if you see this,
It's offline again.
Dead

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next