Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
147 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 7th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Convention, Sat. Aug. 9th. Reviews and videos starting on page 15

Goto Page: Previous 1 221 22 23 24 25 Next

And for those of us who couldn't be there........
Super Thanks!

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

Dave, thanks so much for posting Shark Attack from the Pier! (Too bad you can't see Brian, but at least you can hear him.)

Brian wrote:

This videos are so great, thanks DaveF! The 3 rhythm section guys are all madmen and Ivan you sound great.

Thank you, Brian. It's all becoming like a distant dream... "Did this really happen?? Playing with those great guys? Must have just been a really great dream..." Smile

Has Jim Skiathis seen these and commented on them yet Ivan?

I sent these new ones to Jim, Dave and Martin a day or two ago, but haven't heard from them yet. They loved the previous ones! They were very grateful that we did this, too.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

IvanP wrote:

I sent these new ones to Jim, Dave and Martin a day or two ago, but haven't heard from them yet. They loved the previous ones! They were very grateful that we did this, too.

As we all are. As a huge Atlantics fan (as well as of Martin's solo work)...
When you talk about "body of work over time" - I suspect you did them proud as well as yourselves. A wonderful thing you all did and those of us who couldn't be there can have it vicariously.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Thank you, Wes. We keep racking our brains to figure out how we can do it again! Who will have us?? Jonpaul thought, maybe Australia? Sadly, according to Jim S. himself, it wouldn't fly there. Darn.... Gotta keep thinking.... Smile

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:

Thank you, Wes. We keep racking our brains to figure out how we can do it again! Who will have us?? Jonpaul thought, maybe Australia? Sadly, according to Jim S. himself, it wouldn't fly there. Darn.... Gotta keep thinking.... Smile

If JP is thinking that big (far), maybe Livorno. You could get BTD on the bell, and the two brain cells I have indicate you'd probably have a warm reception from fans that already love The Atlantics.

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

The Supertones at the HB Pier.
Last Ride, That Was It, Bongorama, Mr. Rebel

Atlantics Tribute "Shark Attack" from the HB Pier show.

-Darren

IvanP wrote:

I'd go see you for sure if you came to Australia but sadly I think Jim might be right. There isn't that much interest in the Atlantics down here let alone an Atlantics tribute. But don't let that stop you.

The El Caminos at the HB Pier

J_T wrote:

I'd go see you for sure if you came to Australia but sadly I think Jim might be right. There isn't that much interest in the Atlantics down here let alone an Atlantics tribute. But don't let that stop you.

Too bad, but we knew it was a real long shot. Thanks, though, J.T.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP wrote:
Danny's playing is like a rhythm guitar master class! A lot going on here, sounds like more than just strumming. Need to study these and try to play along.

Watching these videos I'm pretty surprised that there hasn't been more said about Danny's playing in the Atlantics tribute. I personally think he did an AMAZING job! How many guitarists out there can play those super-fast strumming rhythms? And how many can play them for almost half an hour straight??? NOT MANY! Folks, this is really, really difficult. I really just want to highlight his epic performance here - everybody in the band had a big task with these songs, but Danny's was possibly the most demanding - and he pulled it off like he's been doing it all his life. Simply astounding. You RULE, Danny!! Worship

Thanks NMR, it's pretty much only strumming. Just a whole lot of it and real fast Big Grin

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

"Giant" from the Atlantics tribute

-Darren

Thanks Darren for posting that; I LOVE that song - the guys nailed it!
Rock Cheers

Wes

Frankie & the Poolboys, by the Pier, by the big pool

Amber Waves ! Rock
Thanks DaveF for another bunch.

Wes

"Mirage" from the convention

Thanks again to everyone who's posted these videos.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I'd be overjoyed if someone could share video of the Surf Coasters in Pasadena playing Flight of the Bumblebee or Miserlou, would love to relive that!

Late addition, Surf Coasters at the HB Pier.
"Bike Men", "Linda", "Orange Float".

Thanks to CaptainSpringfield for the song titles Smile

Last edited: Oct 05, 2014 10:54:44

Two is "Bike Men," three is "Linda" and four is "Orange Float" - thanks for posting them!

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Goto Page: Previous 1 221 22 23 24 25 Next