Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink My first post!

Page 1 of 1

Hey guys...

My name is Doc, and I am a surf drummer. I collect/restore/play Ludwig vintage drums, mainly from the early 60s to 1975. I am originally from Detroit, but graduated HS and college in San Francisco. I was fortunate enough to have been in SF during the 90s, when you could see The Phantom Surfers, Trashwomen, Ultras, or The Mermen on any given night. I was in a shortlived SF surf/trash band called The Silverswords for a while. I host an all surf/ all instro podcast called The Drowning Pool that's available for download (for free!) at www.garagepunk.com You can also listen to the show via a feed burner at www.myspace.com/thedrowningpool

Aloha,

Doc

The Drowning Pool. All surf. All instro. All the time.

Welcome! I'm listening to your podcast at the moment. Good stuff!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Hi Doc, I listen to your podcasts all the time. Thumbs Up In fact I posted about them here (on SG101) back in September 06. I hope you don't mind. Embarassed

-outsides-

Cool, another Ross MacDonald fan. Thumbs Up

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

oh wow i hi, i lsiten to that podcast it's proper

www.myspace.com/killsomefuckingtime

hey welcome, yeah, Ive put the drowning pool on my mp3player for commute a couple of times, on outsides' suggestion. good stuff!!!!

incedently, do you know the song "someone drowned in my pool"? by Wiseblood, one of the projects of Jim thirwell, better known as "steroid maximus" or "scraping foetus of the wheel" (yes, that's a band name). great stuff, as far away from surf as imaginable though. (for whoever clicks the link: welcome to my teenagehood. Very Happy the studioversion is way better though)

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

welcome doc...good to have you on-board.

-dp

Thanks for the replies, guys!

WR - I have not heard that song. When I created the podcast, the other title I was flirting with was "Point Panic", which is the song I use for the opening sound bed for each show. But then I stumbled across the still from Sunset Blvd, and thought it would be a perfect logo for The Drowning Pool.

I am always on the prowl for new stuff, so if you guys here something I should be aware of, please let me know!

Doc

The Drowning Pool. All surf. All instro. All the time.

Hey, how about a pic of that sexy sounding nurse on one of your podcasts??
Keep up the good work -

Page 1 of 1