Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink North Sea Surf Radio out of order untill further notice; temporary stream online now!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Dear all,

It is with great sadness that I have to inform you that NSSR will be our of order for a while. 8 months of 24/7 broadcasting has taken it's toll on my 4 year old personal computer. It looks like a hardware problem and I have to check if it can be fixed next week.
I will keep you all informed of the developments. As soon as we will be back on air we will re-schedule the Album Top 101 which obviously can not take place tomorrow.

Best,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014 07:51:27

Mad so bad! Tomorrow was going to be a phenomenal Sunday, anyway hope you fixed it soon. Computer's fault! Yes

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

So sorry to hear that, Niels. I'm sure it's terribly frustrating. Hang in there, and thank you very, very much for all your immense efforts! Good luck!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Niels, we're all so sad and sorry! I hope you can get up and running soon. I will miss NSSR very much while you are down. Thank you again for everything you do.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

What a drag Niels. Perhaps a hardware donation fund is in order. I'm certainly in for that. We're all pulling for you!

Rick

Rick

Dear Rick,
Thanks!
I think that is a good idea anyway.
Given the age of my computer this can happen again anytime (if we solve it). Running a dedicated PC for the radio was always my wish but the cash flow did not allow it yet.
S I might just setup that fund soon.
Already got a generous donation from a Rick.
Coincidence? Smile
Thanks bro!
Niels.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

I'm going thru reverb withdrawals.
I'm up for donating to the cause for a new
Computer to keep NSSR on the air.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Let me think of a way to get a donation thing going with target and all. I will need a dedicated PC for it anyway if this is to never happen again. Will post it here when I figured out the required hardware. Thanks for your support guys!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

That new computer might become an iconic device in the Surf Music World, count on me! Yes

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014 16:54:12

Not that the meltdown of the computer is a good thing.
But seeing how slow SG101 is, I think a lot of people are
Out n away from the home and computers this holiday weekend.
So maybe scheduling it for a regular weekend would be better.

As for the meltdown,
Did you have all the music uploads backed up?
Or will you have to upload it all again.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Standing by for donation mechanism. This is doable if a bunch can each do a little.
Thread tagged.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Me too.

Computers and the internet exhibit curiously religious behavior, quitting at very significant times, such the first day of Lent, et.al.
It's symbolically apropos that today we mourn the death of the NSSR computer, which participates in this year's universal celebration of the 'day of rest' (Sabbath) before the Resurrection, Easter.

Squink Out!

And ostensibly better next time 'round.

Don't hold back on the specs Niels, this should be the Ph.D of servers. If there's anything ancillary to outfitting it that is more easily acquired outside EU, sing out. This thing should run like a mint Showman on NOS tubes.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Count me in, too!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

How about a page on World of crowdfunding? I just sponsered a dude to help make a new record this way.

http://www.worldofcrowdfunding.com/support-fernant-zeste-make-new-album-and-get-music-return

https://www.facebook.com/groups/722422647891279/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnZbVMwSVp2QM0kbnT7FGVQ

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014 06:06:39

Donald77 wrote:

How about a page on World of crowdfunding? I just sponsered a dude to help make a new record this way.

http://www.worldofcrowdfunding.com/support-fernant-zeste-make-new-album-and-get-music-return

Works for me when you're ready!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

In the meantime, you can just PayPal a donation to Niels at northseasurf@gmail.com. Easy peasy. We miss you and the NSSR DJs Niels!

Rick

Rick

I'm up for a donation/sponsorship once you're up and running again.

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

Hi guys,
Please do not make any donations through Paypal just yet. I will be setting up a seperate donation channel for the required hardware. Figuring that out as I type. Hope to have a temporary stream up and running tomorrow. Just a couple of hunred tracks at random for the time being but it's better than nothing untill we get the whole hardware package right.
Will keep you guys posted.
This will the first and last time we have been out of the air for this long if it's up to me.
Bare with me.
Cheers,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Goto Page: 1 2 Next