Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink You Can Take Guitar Lessons from Alex Anthony Faide

LockNew Topic
Page 1 of 1

This is no joke. Alex just asked me to inform everyone that he's open for Skype online guitar lessons.

His Skype name is "instrofreak". So, what are you waiting for?

As for me, I'll pick my jaw up off the floor if I can ever find where it fell.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014 07:40:29

I just got off Skype with Alex, and I'm a new student!

Monkey Headbang Drool Cheers Monkey

Okay, okay, I'm very excited!

Noel wrote:

You'll be the next hot guitarslinger in no time! bravo noel!

crumble wrote:

Noel wrote:

You'll be the next hot guitarslinger in no time! bravo noel!

Wouldn't that be nice? Hahahaha. I'll say this. Alex was practicing last night for several hours until midnight (except for our conversation) and he just started practicing again. I really have to get in the habit of constantly training the mind and hands.

How does it work.

At first I thought he might be teaching one to one, perhaps for a small fee.

But now it sounds like he just practices live to Skype cam and anyone can chime in interactively.

Pray tell.

You contact Alex via Skype and ask tell him what you need. You make the arrangements that best suit your skill level and needs. Lessons are definitely one-on-one, and based solely on each student's needs.

Wow, that is very cool! I think most people around here know what an INCREDIBLE musician Alex is, but probably most of you don't know what a truly kind and wonderful guy he also is! Possibly one of my favorite memories of the '09 Surfer Joe fest was meeting and spending time with Alex. He lives and breathes music 24-hrs a day, and I've never met another person with as rigorous and disciplined practice regimen. His incredible playing is no fluke - he works very hard to make the fullest use of his remarkable natural talent. I'm sure he would be an amazing guitar teacher, too, and I very much hope that SG101-ers take advantage of this supercool opportunity!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I fully intend to as soon as I get Skype

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

... is it expensive?

To Boldly go where no Tiki has gone before...

artdecade wrote:

... is it expensive?

No. Not at all. Very fair and reasonable. IMHO. If you ask Alex, he can discuss everything with you.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014 19:27:28

Bump. I can't say enough good... great, fantastic things about Alex as a teacher.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014 14:58:37

Noel wrote:

Bump. I can't say enough good... great, fantastic things about Alex as a teacher.

Alex has agreed to let me give out his email to any sg101 members who want to contact him to arrange lessons. You can find my email in my profile, so send me an email and I'll send you Alex's.

Bump. Anyone else here take Alex up on this yet?

Noel, How would you compare taking Skype lessons vs live lessons?

Other than Alex not being able to grab my guitar and physically show me something with it, it's essentially the same. We talk, he shows me stuff, watches me play, I ask him to play it slower or deconstruct it note by note and I watch it while he does. We play back and forth. Due to the slight lag, we can't play together, but that's really not a big deal.

What is a big deal is Alex is an absolutely brilliant guitar teacher. It's more than his brilliance as a guitarist. It's how he approaches teaching guitar. I may not be in the room, but nonetheless I am sitting at the master's feet, though he will vigorously and humbly deny it. I never once sense he thinks teaching me is beneath him. If I were learning violin, it would be like studying with Itzhak Perlman, except he doesn't teach beginners.

Skype hasn't proved to be a limiting factor at all.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014 15:04:30

Bump. Alex isn't just my guitar teacher now. We've become friends, and I can truly say that is a most extraordinary thing.

Noel, that's great that you've got not only a great teacher but also a good friend! I think I am going to look him up, there are few things I would like to ask him about and learn.

https://kingpelican.bandcamp.com/

I want to thank Alex Anthony Faide for his invaluable help preparing me to play ten songs at the 2014 Ventures Fan Fest. I literally would not have been able to play what I did, as well as I did, without his guidance and instruction.

So, thanks, Alex, for all your hard work. I'm deeply grateful!

Now if I'd only not spaced out listening to how we sounded, and lost my place several times. Maybe Alex can help with that, too?

Alex is now the official Master Surf Guitar Instructor of SG101!

http://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/24987/

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Page 1 of 1