Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Jonpaul Balak appointed Music Director 2nd Surf Revival

Page 1 of 1

Dear all,

It is with great pleasure and pride that I announce Jonpaul Balak´s promotion to "Music Director 2nd Surf Revival" at North Sea Surf Radio. Jonpaul has proven to be a highly dedicated, professional and pleasant person to work with. His profound knowledge of surf music combined with an extensive collection make him the perfect candidate for this job.

For the past 6 months I have been adding thousands of catalogue titles to the database carefully shaping the overall sound of the world´s number 1 surf music radiostation. With his highly versatile taste and deep love for surf music I am convinced Jonpaul will be able to take that sound to the next level.

Eddy Luca will continue his work as Music Director disclosing the surf treasures of the Classic Surf era and 1st Surf Revival. I personally will retain the responsibility of the weekly Playlist with current releases, changing my position to "Music Director New Releases".

All submissions for North Sea Surf Radio´s Database and Playlist can be sent to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox. Files should be MP3 at 320kbps with correct tags for Artist/Title/Album.

About Jonpaul Balak

Jonpaul Balak has been intimately involved with the Southern California Surf Music scene for many years as a die-hard fan, collector, performer and journalist. He is the bass player for “Planet Earth’s Longest Running Modern Surf Band,” Insect Surfers and for 21st-century Exotica septet The Tikiyaki Orchestra, and has performed with artists including The Ghastly Ones, The Boardwalkers, Surfer Joe, The Disasternauts, 3 Balls of Fire, Project Pimento, John Blair, and Paul Johnson, among others. Jonpaul was a staff member of Tiki Magazine since its inception in 2005, serving as photo editor as well as photographing and writing about Tiki/Polynesian Pop culture and its history. His work has appeared in Sippin’ Safari and Beachbum Berry Remixed, Tiki Mugs: Cult Artifacts of Polynesian Pop, Tiki Road Trip (2nd ed.) and numerous other publications. He holds a BA in Musicology from UCLA and resides in Venice, California, engulfed by books, music, musical instruments and Tiki artifacts.

About North Sea Surf Radio

North Sea Surf Radio is a commercial free radiostation funded by The Phantom Four, various sponsors and listener donations. The mission of North Sea Surf Radio is to make good quality surf music freely available worldwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Since the launch on September 1st 2013 North Sea Surf Radio has already reached thousands of listeners in over 100 countries and is still growing by the day.

I would like to ask you to join me in congratulating Jonpaul with his appointment.

Best regards,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Mar 08, 2014 16:06:19

Fantastic news! Congratulations Jonpaul!!!!!!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Mar 01, 2020 10:08:12

Sitting at home listening to Fiberglass Jungle and reading this here. Congrats JonPaul! "Music Director 2nd Surf Revival on North Sea Surf Radio" sounds really good.

Thank You for your awesome shows!!!

Richly deserved! Thumbs Up

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yay! Many congratulations and swami bows Jonpaul. Worship

Rick

Rick

Way to go, Jonpaul! Well deserved is an understatement.

Bob

Jonpaul is simply the best! Kudos all around for him and all the other participants in the station.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Yes yes!!! Jonpaul!!!
Very good!!!

I love your shows!

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

Very very well deserved, congratulations Jonpaul!
It's a perfect choice, I am consistently blown away by his passion to explore, and his ability to find, all those revival gems that he shares with us on his shows.
Doesn't hurt that he's an all around great guy Smile

Ran

The Scimitars

Excellent!
Congrats my Brutha!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

hi Fives JP!!

http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nocturne-Brain-Preamp-Zombies/240721872969

Brian wrote:

Richly deserved! Thumbs Up

x1000!

Congrats!

Cool He's the man!

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Congrats JP!

JP is indeed the man. What a wise move. Congrats!

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Thanks so much for the kind words! I am humbled and honored to be a part of such a historic and professional organization. The time, effort and dedication Niels has and continues to put into this is truly staggering. Here's to North Sea Surf Radio having a long and successful existence! Cheers

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Thanks Jonpaul, I´ll toast to that!
Cheers

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Congrats JP!

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

kick_the_reverb wrote:

Very very well deserved, congratulations Jonpaul!
It's a perfect choice, I am consistently blown away by his passion to explore, and his ability to find, all those revival gems that he shares with us on his shows.
Doesn't hurt that he's an all around great guy Smile

Agree Agree Agree

Thumbs Up

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Page 1 of 1