Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink The Top 61 of 2013 with "Adiós Sancho" by Los Coronas on #1 !

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

I LOVE trad surf.
But if every surf song had to sound like
Say Pipeline or Surf Rider,
it would get really boring fast.

I've said this before,
I love the fact that some "Surf bands" include the sub-genres
Spy,space,middle eastern,spanish,hot rod,exotic,
Euro instro,etc... and yes Spaghetti western sounds.

When I was a kid my dad mostly played hard rock music.
But he had 3 45s, Pipeline,penetration,n Wipeout.
I loved them, but didn't know anything about any other
Songs or surf bands, even Ventures or Dick Dale.
I was also exposed to the Spaghetti Western movies with their
Awesome Moriconi sndtrx. When I was first saw the Insect Surfers in 96
And heard their Mix of surf n spaghetti.
I loved it!!!
I say embrace the variety.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jan 06, 2014 14:02:22

Thanks so much, Niels, for your complete and clear response to my post of NSSR top list 2013 and for your sincere conception of pure and actual surf music scene, including bands, public and listeners of your radio.

Firstly, I talk only about public votes included on SG101. I don´t know evidently lists of people sent by mail secretly.

I agree with you that is actually not possible define what surf music is or not, but all of us when listen to any tune can think or FEEL if that seems surf to us.

When I hear Los Coronas music 2013 and specifically this song of top of the list of reference, “Adiós Sancho”, I don´t feel it like real surf, maybe because of the trumpet sound that has become so important in the band´s characteristic actual sound (and I don´t like it very much) and I don´t consider this sound as real surf…

Every kind of music is changing permanently, true, I agree too. I´m a real fan of bands that are very far away of classic surf music roots, like Insect Surfers, Hawaii Samurai, Ghastly Ones, Bambi Molesters, Messer Chups or Daikaiju, for example.

Talking about the reason that I want to know american public opinion, I only think this is actually the most purist opinion and I find they are more away from this kind of progressed surf music, mixed or with alternative influences (spaguetti, western, or frontier music). My curiosity comes also because I didn´t see any reference of Los Coronas having recorded some great LP´s of great surf music. Even though american public don´t accede easily to buy their records, everybody can get their videos through Youtube and they are really well known and recognized not only in Europe… In my last post I’ve emphasized this matter. In the last Los Coronas gig in Madrid around 1.000 people assisted, being they the only band. I can tell you, and you know well, I have assisted to a lot of concerts and only to one or two this number of people, playing several bands, have assisted. Sadly, I use to be in concerts with no more than 20-50 people, even though free or cheap events… That´s the reality. Since this point of view OLÉ (bravo) for Los Coronas and their success!!! My recognition for this on the best way I can do: buying their records (I have almost the whole collection), assisting to their concerts and publishing and promoting their music and events on my FB web, SMM, with more than 4.000 fans.

I agree and accept that is necessary get to the public in a commercial way. I explain: bands and all people around that are working for bands (radios, magazines or records shops) have to live. Music is a life style, entertainment , although a necessary business. If, in this way, we must open minds, correct, I understand and accept.

I also want to thank your work in your radio with excellent results in surf or instrumental music. I still keep the drumstick you gifted to me on Surf O Rama when we didn´t know each other yet…

I think that talk about surf music is good and necessary, and any controversy can obtain great results. ;)

I thank you again your interest, and I also thank to Crumble, Julio Emilio, Ferenc (your name is like Puskas Cool ) Iván, Mike and Jeff for posting about this. THANKS A LOT!!!

Carlos Yela
Surf Music Madrid FB
La Ola Perfecta
Surf Music Madrid site

Last edited: Jan 06, 2014 17:46:30

carlosyela wrote:

When I hear Los Coronas music 2013 and specifically this song of top of the list of reference, “Adiós Sancho”, I don´t feel it like real surf, maybe because of the trumpet sound that has become so important in the band´s characteristic actual sound (and I don´t like it very much) and I don´t consider this sound as real surf…

Carlos, click play on the video below. Smile

I understand what you're getting at, though.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Iván, I imagined I would get this answer ... Laughing

Carlos Yela
Surf Music Madrid FB
La Ola Perfecta
Surf Music Madrid site

Last edited: Jan 06, 2014 18:10:52

I think I've helped somewhat to Los Coronas. Maybe someday playing in California

Carlos Yela
Surf Music Madrid FB
La Ola Perfecta
Surf Music Madrid site

As I've said before, I'd love to have the Los Coronas
Here in So. Cal. For the SG101 convention.
I just don't know if we can afford them.
Shock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff,

I imagine having a high cache.

This is your management agency:

http://www.iwanna.org/web/contacto

MANAGEMENT, CONTRATACIÓN Y PRODUCCIÓN
Victor: victor@iwanna.org

MANAGEMENT, CONTRATACIÓN Y ADMINISTRACIÓN
Pepe: pepe@iwanna.org

Carlos Yela
Surf Music Madrid FB