Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink Announcement: The Surf Album Top 101 on April 20th

Page 1 of 1

With the re-runs of the Classic Surf Top 101 and the Surf Revival Top 101 still running I am glad to announce that on April 20th we will broadcast the Surf Album Top 101 on North Sea Surf Radio, the 101 best albums as chosen by the listeners of North Sea Surf Radio and the members of the Surf Guitar 101 forum. We will play several tracks from all 101 albums during a 12 hour marathon.

Voting for the Surf Album Top 101 starts on February 20th.
So you have plenty of time to think about this Smile

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Mar 09, 2014 09:29:06

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I better get a bigger intestinal tract.

This will be easier for me than picking singles. I have some albums that I like everything on them. I think I have less than 40 albums. How hard can it be? Smile

So this is of all time?
including classic, revival, and current?
OOOOOOooooooooooof!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wait! There are more than 100 surf albums? Are you kidding? Wink

And already I get kind of upset because I know one of my alltime favorites will never make the list, because it is virtually unknown...

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

simoncoil wrote:

... one of my alltime favorites will never make the list, because it is virtually unknown...

Please tell us what it is?

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

It's "Beach Buster" by Plan9, a surf band from Berlin. Thee first surf band I ever saw live actually. The album was released on a small local lable, is long out of print and due to some legal hassles there will probably be no reissues. you can hear (and download) some tracks from their old website:
http://www.plan9.tv/dl/download.php

Be sure to also check out the demo version of "Swingin' Creepa" (i.e. A Go-Go Dancer by the Ventures), which was only included as a live version on the album.

"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Thanks! I'll definitely check them out.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

cool! they got sax.
Thanks for sharing.

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

simoncoil wrote:

It's "Beach Buster" by Plan9, a surf band from Berlin. Thee first surf band I ever saw live actually. The album was released on a small local lable, is long out of print and due to some legal hassles there will probably be no reissues. you can hear (and download) some tracks from their old website:
http://www.plan9.tv/dl/download.php

Be sure to also check out the demo version of "Swingin' Creepa" (i.e. A Go-Go Dancer by the Ventures), which was only included as a live version on the album.

Download alert, for those following the above.
The embedded links for the first 3 songs listed have been hijacked by someone (Britta Radika) inserting the URL for her professional page in there and that's where the route goes.

Fortunately the rest of the links are good below the first 3, and Beach Buster IS listed again further down.

Broken link report sent. Just thought you might want to know.

Spent some of my happiest (and most harrowing) years in Berlin & that area "back in the day." Will give all these a listen - Thanks! I gotta get to work on the 2014 Top-101 Revival songs....
Cool

Tschuss!

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013 11:43:01

Badger wrote:

Download alert, for those following the above.
The embedded links for the first 3 songs listed have been hijacked by someone (Britta Radika) inserting the URL for her professional page in there and that's where the route goes.

Fortunately the rest of the links are good below the first 3, and Beach Buster IS listed again further down.

Wow, that sucks! But big thanks for the heads up!
What took you to Berlin (and back)?

Please note that the other version of the song "Beach Buster" is a few years older, and it lacks the power the album version!

You can find the better version on soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/plan9

simoncoil wrote:

Wow, that sucks! But big thanks for the heads up!
What took you to Berlin (and back)?

Please note that the other version of the song "Beach Buster" is a few years older, and it lacks the power the album version!

You can find the better version on soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/plan9

Thanks for the added soundcloud link; will give all a listen.
(Berlin and vicinity courtesy of my Uncle Sam; sporty times in the 60's & early 70's.)

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Voting has started in the following thread

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Page 1 of 1