Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink North Sea Surf Radio history, news and developments

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

Gracias El Bumper

For those having a hard time to decide what your Classic Surf Music Top 10 will be. Coming weekend the whole crew of North Sea Surf Radio will be playing an hour with their favourites from the classic era!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

For those having a hard time to decide what your Surf Revival Top 10 will be. Coming weekend the whole crew of North Sea Surf Radio will be playing an hour with their favourites from the revival era!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013 14:56:57

Sunday in A Huevo! DJ Caleb Pilgrim (a.k.a. Sr. Ramirez from Lost Acapulco) has a very special guest in his Surf Revival Special; Danny Amis from Surf Revival legends Los Straitjackets. Be sure to check it out!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Cool!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Dear friends,

Just a quick note to let you all know that Eddy and I have been selecting loads of new music. This week we have added close to a thousand tracks to the database. I have also been spending this week finetuning the non stop shows. If you will be tuning in you will very likely be noticing a lot more variety and will be hearing lots of artists and albums you have not heard on NSSR before.

Finetuning the shows and expanding the database is an ongoing process. At this point we have not even covered a third of what´s out there but we are getting there. This weeks operation is another step in the evolution of North Sea Surf Radio.

Very soon I will announce four new DJ´s to join our DJ team as of January 4th and we have lots of other exciting things coming up for you in 2014.

Thanks for your continued support!

Your comments, criticism and suggestions are welcome in this thread or at djphantom@northseasurfradio.com

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Niels, I've not been able to listen a fraction as much as I'd like, but have tuned in several times since launch and always enjoy it. Your deliberate approach to show formats really works and keeps it fresh.

I want to say Thank You (!!!) for your enthusiasm, extreme personal investment and very high level of continued of engagement - both your own and that which you create. Your instigation of participation with/from the global surf community has not gone unnoticed. Really fantastic seeing threads like the Classic and Revival top 101 songs getting so much attention and contribution and conversation about the music.

Good on ya' mate! And again, a BIG Thank You.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Yeah, what Fady said.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks guys, feedback like this makes it all the more worthwhile!
Cheers!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Next exciting event coming up this weekend; Best of 2013!

Saturday you will hear the favourite 2013 tracks from 6 DJ´s and Sunday JonPaul and me will take you on a six hour journey through 2013 playing all crucial records. Starting with the very first January release all up to the latest albums.

Catch up on all crucial 2013 releases with these two 6 hour marathons.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Cool! The presented shows are getting better and better. Cool
I won't forget to make my donation so this project can go on for
many years now on.
Thanks to all the NSSR Team! Big Grin

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

nielsjansen wrote:

Next exciting event coming up this weekend; Best of 2013!

Saturday you will hear the favourite 2013 tracks from 6 DJ´s and Sunday JonPaul and me will take you on a six hour journey through 2013 playing all crucial records. Starting with the very first January release all up to the latest albums.

Catch up on all crucial 2013 releases with these two 6 hour marathons.

This is gonna be awesome,
Listen in,
Spread the word!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I am proud to announce the fact that we have an amazing new 24 track compilation out today!

It is a donation compilation of which the proceeds will be spent to keep North Sea Surf Radio running and commercial free. All tracks have been donated by the artists and labels to support our station. I am very thankfull for their backup and faith in NSSR. I hope this compilation will help spread the word on how vibrant, versatile and alive the surf scene today is.

You can preview all songs and "buy" the compilation to support our cause at:
https://northseasurf.bandcamp.com/album/north-sea-surf-radio-s-best-of-2013

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013 08:13:37

Slight change of plans. We have started with Eddy Luca´s Top 22.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013 08:06:12

We will continue one hour longer!
nor on air: Caleb!
next shows up:
an extra unannounced Best of 2013 show by DJ Phantom
after that
the Best of 2013 show by Mike Surf
Enjoy!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Puuuh, that's tough. Listening since 3 PM, now my ears are already ringing and more than 2 hours to go? But it's still great to hear stuff I never heard before. Caleb is playing music from a surf band from Guatemala? (My Spanish is really terrible). Hope he will post his playlist! And I hope Lorenzo will post his touring plans for next year as he told in his show.

Surf On

Here we go! Yeah it was a bad from Guatemala call los tiros
Here my top 15 cheers!!
58 degrees- Bang Mustang!
Lobo-Los Galerna
in Vitro- Los Pegajosos
Surf Revolution- culebra and thee evolution surf school
Concheperla-Los Protones
Adios Sancho-Los Coronas
Papa Soy Una Zombi- Tiki Phantoms
tokyo duck dive-Goggle -A
Asalto al tren del gran Morongo- los Tiros
Driving my Mangatone- Mario Cobo
Grands Rapides- Les Agamenonz
Sunset- Los Derrumbes
the lonely one - the Volcanics
Paniolo-Frankie & the pool boys
Speed Cops-Docteur Legume et les surfwerk

Thank you very much. Great show, as always!!!

Cheers

Unfortunately we had some technical difficulties at the end of my show and had to go offline for a couple of minutes. I hope that didn´t stop people from listening and I trust everybody had a great listening marathon. Tomorrow at the same time JonPaul and I will present the "Highlights of 2013". We will take you from early January to late December during a six hour radio marathon.

Starting 15:00 CET - 6AM PDT - 8AM CST - 9AM EDT

Enjoy!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Got up at 6 am, heard 5 hours, had to get ready and leave for DJ gig
At 11 am. It's 2 am now, very long day.
Have alarm set for 6 am again.
Oooooooooooof!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next