Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Satan's Pilgrims 2nd show added-San Francisco Nov 1

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

CousinMary wrote:

PolloGuitar wrote:

Let's do a burrito meet up in the Mission before the show!

Burritos - num, num... You name the place.

But I have to get there in time to finally see the Gregors.

Coz

Smuggler's Cove has the best burritos !! (or at least the next door mini-mart has microwave ones).

I will be there around 5:30pm for Happy Hour in case anyone wants to join me. Smile

Myself and 2 or 3 others will also be at Smugglers Cove
On Fri. Around 5 ish.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Between the 5 of you, there'll be no more room to stand at Smugglers Cove Big Grin I'll see you at the club.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I'll be there in spirit, but that doesn't fill up much floor space. Have a great show. Wish I were there.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013 11:12:26

DannySnyder wrote:

Between the 5 of you, there'll be no more room to stand at Smugglers Cove Big Grin I'll see you at the club.

The good thing about getting to smugglers cove at 5
Is getting seats up in the loft, and hardly no wait time to get drinks.
Even though I will only be having 1.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just got tickets, I'm stoked! Been wanting to see the Pilgrims for years.

Don

FYI to all the travelers coming to town. The nights have been chilly, dipping down into the upper 40's, so pack a jacket.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Jacket?
Grumble grumble grumble
Time to break out the grunge flannel.
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

atcrist wrote:

Got tickets. Got flight. Got hotel (Days Inn on Grove, $95, easy walking distance to BART that connects to SFO, the venue, and Smugglers Cove). We were so bummed about missing them in Portland, but this is great - oboyoboyoboy!

So much for that. Impossible to get to LAX due to the shooting. Enjoy the show!

Oh no. Sad

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

atcrist wrote:

...Impossible to get to LAX due to the shooting. Enjoy the show!

Ditto !! Cry

Last edited: Nov 01, 2013 19:02:15

Any videos (or photos) capturing the awesomeness?

So quiet in this thread! I just want to drop a note here to say thanks to all the musicians involved for the excellent show. I was worn out before I started the drive to SF, and was dead on my feet when I got home at 3:30am, but it was worth it!

The Deadbeats+Danny, these guys are more impressive every time I see them. And thanks for the introduction to Chicha! Not sure if Danny is a regular now, but I hope Zanti, Abe, and Jonathon keep it up, because together they are truly a musical force.

The Gregors gave the ears a break from surf with their 60's garage inspired set. I dug it, and spent some time wondering how a guy (Tony) drums and sings at the same time. Would love to see more surf/garage lineups at shows.

And, of course, thanks to the Pilgrims for bringing the show to SF. Their awesomeness cannot be completely captured by pics or vids, and I didn't even try. I just hopped in place and grinned like an idiot, and tried to soak it all in.

Last thoughts:
1.There's a lot of talent it the SF surf scene.
2.Wooza would have loved this show!

Don

So wish I could have been there! SP got me back into Surf years ago when a surf comp came with a Tiki type font set we had to buy for a graphic project at work. Shit sandwich was the tune. Glad you guys all had a great show !

JetBlue wrote:

Last thoughts:
1.There's a lot of talent it the SF surf scene.
2.Wooza would have loved this show!

1. Agreed! A truly inspiring group of musicians!
  2. Argh, I know! I'm glad to hear the Deadbeats brought it... man it broke my heart not to be at this one Cry I wish I coulda seen you there Don!

So glad I made the trip up.
Thanks to Scott n Chris for carpooling with me,
That helped fund the trip.
Thanks to Cousin Mary for the Hospitality.
The Fri. Show was just awesome in every way.
Pilgrims are one of my top 5 fave surf bands for sure.

Thanks also to Danny Ferenc n forbidden island for
The fun sat nite gathering.

2 shows, 3 tiki bars, 1 tiki house party,
4 records stores. Over 1000 miles
20 freeways or highways.
And Over 20,000 calories.
Oooooooooof What a weekend.
Thumbs Up

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Nov 07, 2013 00:19:28

The quiet you hear is readily explained as a mix of bliss (those who went) and disconsolate brooding (those who couldn't). I can speak only for the Portland show. For this one I'm a disconsolate brooder. I did think seriously about sneaking off to SF too, but it seemed a little too crass to claim I was in Portland to visit my brother and then not actually do it. Plus I had pretty much planned my trip by the time I found out about SF.

My Portland experience was largely healthy vegan, except where I escaped my sister-in-law's program and had a little chicken added surreptitiously to my salad. In fairness I have to admit that vegan included bread pudding and (?!) tootsie rolls. I guess I'm not sure if beer is vegan. I had some of that too. It's hard to drink it with your jaw sagging to the floor.

Tuck wrote:

The quiet you hear is readily explained as a mix of bliss (those who went) and disconsolate brooding (those who couldn't).

Well I hope that wears off soon. No photos? No reports? I'm itching to see and hear!

Off Topic
Tuck wrote:

I guess I'm not sure if beer is vegan.

It is! Saccharomyces is a fungus! Not an animal product.

Cool! I am totally relieved in the Vegan department, Wooza. Now if I can just stop thinking of beer as fungus piss. Can't help on SF. Doing what I can for Portland. Also looking forward to seeing and hearing some of the SF show.

Pictures of the Deadbeats have started to appear in The Bay Area Surf Twang And Reverb Directory group on FB.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next